IGNORED

Lots of UK magazine scans, Lost Dragon

high voltage

Forwarded for the following points really:

Talk of Beyond Games being in talks with Atari to produce AVP II

Sam Tramiel interview.

ATD talking about ST conversion of Super Sprint and making of Battlemorph.

The lowest review score i've ever seen for Defender 2000 (and i've a bloody good idea who un-named reviewer was). I was dissapointed with game, but 3/10?.

Add that to Edge's 4/10 for AVP.....

Not surprising, but ATD's turning from the praise in 1993 to disdain in 1995 is pretty unfair. That says a lot about their piss-poor job on Blue Lightning; they were ready to move on.

I like the choices they made for BattleMorph, but I don't think that warrants throwing Sam Tramiel and Hover Strike under the bus. Hover Strike: UL isn't a bad looking game, the gameplay is just unimaginative and the controls are a little awkward. Taking his statement in context, in BattleMorph's era, Iron Soldier 2, Hover Strike: UL, and Zero 5 probably all look better.

• Like 1

Edge interviewed them 3 times and not once was the question of Blue Lightning raised.

Only time it's brought up (and even then only briefly) is during an interview on RVG:

Fred G: We also worked on Blue Lightning (not our finest hour – ATD had grown and we hadn’t managed that growth well, and didn’t manage the team that produced it very well) '

http://www.retrovideogamer.co.uk/index.php?topic=2763.0%22

There remains a lot i'd like to ask them, if i ever had the chance.

But yes, it did smack of little bit of 'bitterness' in places in that Edge interview. After praising the hardware and work they'd done on it a few years before, the article ggave the impression they simply wanted to be free of the contract with Atari and get cracking on Playstation games ASAP as much bigger market, newer hardware etc, yet it'd been the work for Atari that had kept them going for the past few years.

What do they say about hand that feeds you being bitten?

I recal press loving Roll Cage I and II but after that....

As a Dreamcast owner, likes of Ducati World Racing and Sydney 2000 seemed to take a hammering at review.

Niether are my type of game, so never tried, but it does seem ATD 'peaked' with the Rollcage series and might look back a tad more fondly what they achived on more primitive hardware like the Jaguar, Blue Lightning CD aside....