IGNORED

White consoles yellowing

atarilovesyou

Does the Wii suffer from any kind of yellowing that other white consoles of the past are prone to? It seems like everything I remember eventually turns yellowish, to varying degrees: Japanese Duo-R, Dreamcast, even the original NES an SNES that are famous for it (although the NES is a lot less prone, depending on the year of production I suppose).

Have they figured this out finally so that the white plastics don't yellow? The original Wii has been out long enough that some folks would be seeing it by now.

I'm just wondering, as perhaps I should have gone with a black one. I hate that dingy look of yellow.

Any idea? Thanks!

• Like 1

Its not that old yet. Revive thread in 15 years..

NES and SNES, sure, but what about Dreamcasts? Both buddies who own theirs from back in the day have yellow sections; neither smokes. Those were manufactured late 90s, and the Wii around 2005. I'm thinking if we haven't seen yellow consoles by now, it'll happen in the next five years or so. Although I saw plenty of yellow SNES systems by 1997, so...bottom line, I hate yellow.

This issue was a factor in me going with a black Wii U, despite the knowledge that 8 gigs of internal memory was all but assured of being adequate for my needs and all my existing Wii accessories being white.

Of course, an additional sensor bar, the charging dock, and Nintendo's digital promotion for those buying the 32 gig version also didn't hurt.

Edited by Atariboy

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...