IGNORED

RGB - game with sources

MaPa

5 hours ago, ZeroPage Homebrew said:

Thanks for pointing that out! I'll open up my XEGS and fiddle with the pots to see if I can adjust the picture.

I just took the screenshot below from Altirra (left) and a capture of the stream (right) from last night and WOW is my system way out of whack! It's not even close, blue looks like green and green looks like yellow. Red is... at least in the ball park. No wonder we were having so much trouble with the colour playing the game.

My console is a composite NTSC XEGS upscaled through a Framemeister (soon to be RetroTINK 5X-Pro) and I've never touched the internals on the XEGS since I bought it, but it's definitely time. I'll eventually be putting in a Sophia 2 when they're available again, but until then I'll make do with composite out.

- James

image.thumb.png.0ebd4dcff8408d9e5a6f4347880dada3.png image.thumb.png.7df7dfdd9e0cffcbd7f87410e636497b.png

Sorry for speculation... But, maybe the problem is, that the game is PAL and does not adjust colors on NTSC machines. At least it looks like that according to the screens posted here. 

Did the adjustments and WOW, everything is now the right colour! I can't thank you enough @pseudografx for pointing that out and also thank you for your amazing work on RGB as well, what an amazingly fun action puzzle game! Looking forward to playing it again on the stream in the future, now with correct colours!

A new side by side comparison of Altirra (left) and my XEGS (right) with the adjustments done. ? The green is a touch off but the red and blue are spot on, perfection will have to wait until the video mod upgrade.

- James

image.png.f5a2b6b51a0e3b9dc81f4cef45ecc34e.thumb.png.7403f0447b5c5481164ede05d12f0a4b.png image.thumb.png.62c70f1835779f63631e38563b1bee8c.png

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, pps said:

Sorry for speculation... But, maybe the problem is, that the game is PAL and does not adjust colors on NTSC machines. At least it looks like that according to the screens posted here. 

Luckily it wasn't that and was an easy adjustment of the colour pot inside the machine. Check out the screenshot above, so much better! ?

- James

10 hours ago, Rybags said:

Which blue is being used for the G?  It looks like colour 7 or 8 to me.  The captured G looks like colour 10 which is one of those annoying ones where it's bluish green on PAL and greenish blue on NTSC.  But yeah, it looks like the overall signal has phase drift on the colour signal.

OK... I took opportunity to play it for the first time in years last night.  Forgot about how to get the grey ones but still made it to Level 4.

You have to hit the grey ones with all the component colors, ie. red, green and blue (in any order).