IGNORED

The Ultimate Intellivision Flashback

Byte Knight

6 hours ago, billtv1 said:

my next question is how do i enable the other emulators 

Thanks bill

Standard Retropie installs emulators for many systems by default, but they don't show up in Emulationstation unless a game rom file is found in the designated folder.  So for these systems adding just one game rom file is enough to activate its emulator.

Edited by mr_me
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

ok so i have everything set up it boots fine i am using the ultimate pc interface it works fine with my inty II controllers but when i try using my coleco flashback controller it is mapped all wrong i did flip the dip switches up i tried plugging and unplugging the usb cable but still all wrong what am i doing wrong  any help would be great 

Thanks Bill

• 2 weeks later...

You can use Intellivision controllers made in the 1980s, they're better built then the flashbacks.  There are new flex circuits available, and cables can be replaced.  Another option are the Côté Gamers controllers.

I wonder what's failing in the Flashback controllers.  I know the wires are very thin and they can break where they're soldered inside the controller.

Edited by mr_me
  • Like 1

On 12/29/2022 at 12:47 PM, billtv1 said:

do mind if i ask where you found the 90 hdmi with panel mount cable 

1 hour ago, intvsteve said:

I used this a few years ago:

https://a.co/d/06KxRnC

1 hour ago, fdr4prez said:

@billtv1 please take note that the Pi0 does not have an HDMI port.

It has a miniHDMI port. 

When I use a Pi0, then I use a miniHDMI to HDMI cable that is about a foot long and then just have it come out of the case where the RCA cable comes out.

It's been awhile, so I can't seem to find them online any longer, but something on ebay or amazon like this one:

image.png.1f86a94432424463069c3add52b936dc.png

I spoke with Todd a few weeks ago. 

He is doing well and he has been really busy. 

As have been mentioned in this thread a few times recently... Raspberry Pi are near impossible to get, and then even harder to get at the normal price. 

No Pi = No upgrades 

No time = less time to work on an upgrade, but having no Pi makes it impossible. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, billtv1 said:

That's neat. 

It's a bit overkill for my needs in an ultimate flashback, but I love how adaptable these things are. 

I am having a heck of a time with my Ultimate PC Interface.  Hoping someone can offer some advice.

It worked great for about a year.  Then my controller disc stopped working in the down direction.

Someone recommended I reupload the firmware of the UPCI, which corrected the problem for about a month.

Well, my disc isn't working in the down direction again, and reloading the firmware didn't fix it this time.  :(

(I know the controller works, because thanks to check roms and my original Intellivision II.

20 minutes ago, gar0u said:

I am having a heck of a time with my Ultimate PC Interface.  Hoping someone can offer some advice.

It worked great for about a year.  Then my controller disc stopped working in the down direction.

Someone recommended I reupload the firmware of the UPCI, which corrected the problem for about a month.

Well, my disc isn't working in the down direction again, and reloading the firmware didn't fix it this time.  :(

(I know the controller works, because thanks to check roms and my original Intellivision II.

Did you test on both upci ports?