IGNORED

Physical copies of games

cimerians

As much as I don't have room for things and I embrace digital copies I still look out for some rarities or oddities out there, I picked up a physical copy of Shadow Warrior last week and I found this today (I dont think this is on Amazon or Gamestop like Shadow Warrior is):

Retro City Rampage

http://www.fangamer.com/products/retro-city-rampage-dx

RCRDX-PS4_main1_1024x1024.jpg?v=14156395

Big fan of this game on PC.

• Like 2

As much as I don't have room for things and I embrace digital copies I still look out for some rarities or oddities out there, I picked up a physical copy of Shadow Warrior last week and I found this today (I dont think this is on Amazon or Gamestop like Shadow Warrior is):

Retro City Rampage

http://www.fangamer.com/products/retro-city-rampage-dx

RCRDX-PS4_main1_1024x1024.jpg?v=14156395

Big fan of this game on PC.

I just ordered a copy. It's a limited pressing of only 2000 to boot

• 7 months later...

Shovel Knight coming soon:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/yachtclubgames/shovel-knight/posts/1280100?ref=backer_project_update

55e65140f365e05166019c235cb7fa38_origina

What's in the Box

The physical version of Shovel Knight contains everything we’ve released so far. First, there is the original Shovel Knight campaign with all the content you know and love! Also included is Shovel Knight’s first content update: Shovel Knight: Plague of Shadows. Finally, there’s a full-featured Challenge mode with more than 50 crazy challenge levels to explore!

Of course, like the digital version, every boxed version will also receive FREE future updates as they become available:

Specter Knight’s Campaign – A full campaign starring the shadowy scythe spinner!
King Knight’s Campaign – A crazy campaign with the gilded goob himself!
Battle Mode – Duel with up to 4 players as your favorite heroic or villainous knight! (Wii U/PS4/XB1/PC exclusive)
Body Swap Mode – Did you ever wish Shovel Knight was a lady, or Shield Knight was a dude? Well, now you’ll be able to change them all around, along with the rest of the cast!
Oh, and one more thing: every boxed copy of Shovel Knight will include a lavish instruction booklet similar to the Kickstarter reward. No 2-page inserts here! You deserve a full manual, to hold in your hot little shaking hands and pore over as you wait to get home!

I don't think this is limited in any way so should be plenty to order.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

25$ is a very good price. I like it that RG are selling so cheap, they could probably ask for a lot more and still sell out quickly. Their first release sold out in less than 2 hours.

In the end, it is a business; they pay the production up-front, and keep 30% of the profit. 70% go to the developers. And a chunk of the 25$ price tag also goes to Sony for licensing.

What annoys me much more than the price for the games is the 15$ international shipping. Shipping from the US is just so expensive.

I will however keep track of their upcoming releases. I bought Breach & Clear, but I am not yet sure anout SMRPG. If I buy it I will most likely take the Vita version.

For 2016 they have about half a dozen releases signed but not yet announced. Cosmic Star Heroine is the only one currently official.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Limited Run #18 Dragon Fantasy Black Tome:

DragonFantasy-PS4_grande.png?v=147189964

I picked up a physical copy of Shadow Complex from them a few weeks back.

Also the game Lumo seems to have a physical edition as well.

I picked this one up on Vita.I just picked up a PS4 on Monday so I might be getting some LRG games for that system too.

I picked this one up on Vita.I just picked up a PS4 on Monday so I might be getting some LRG games for that system too.

Vita is probably the best way to go.....saves you some space by not downloading the digital copy. I always try and buy physical on Vita, those damn memory cards are still overpriced.

Vita is probably the best way to go.....saves you some space by not downloading the digital copy. I always try and buy physical on Vita, those damn memory cards are still overpriced.

Yeah. The Vita I'm actually trying to go for a complete collection. The PS4 will have way too big of a library to do that so I'm just going to pick up games that I like. I'm really looking forward to the next Gran Turismo.