IGNORED

Atari VCS-like Xbox 360 joystick

Metal Ghost

Hi all.....does anyone remember an Xbox 360 joystick that looked like a VCS joystick? I seem to remember there being one from a 3rd party manufacturer, and I'm trying to find out what it was to possibly pick a couple up. If I seem to recall, they had multiple functions (i.e. joystick and paddle controller in one unit?), and weren't very highly reviewed. BUT, regardless, I thought it might be fun to pick a couple up regardless if they were highly thought of or not (unless I find out they were complete pieces of junk).

My girls and I were playing games off the Atari Anthology last night and my wife commented while playing some Adventure and Combat that having an actual Atari joystick would have been great.

Horrible

I'm surprised that the button positions didn't immediately turn you off just after seeing a picture (Upper right, instead of upper left like we're all used to). Even keeping an open mind and realizing that you'd have to retrain yourself from how you've possibly been playing games with joysticks for decades, it's still a poor controller produced before their move to trying to produce quality hardware.

And the rotary control doesn't work. It just substitutes for left or right. It's not true analog control and doesn't bring any benefit to something like Kaboom or Breakout on Xbox 360's Game Room service.

Only buy it if it's extremely cheap, still has the free game codes (Frogger and I want to say Time Pilot), and you want those downloads.