IGNORED

Atari Super Pong C140 reset problem

Ethaniel

Hello everyone.

I recently got a C140 that doesn't change score (always 0-0) or resets the game.

The paddles move on screen. I think the reset function is broken because the switch works on my multimeter and I also bridged the terminals on the board and it still didn't change the score.

What else could be the trouble?

Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...

actually mine is a Sears Super Pong IV

http://www.digibarn.com/collections/games/super-pong/

this thread got me tinkering with it & got it working ok again albeit only on channel 2 :|

NORMAL operation: on power-up screen shows the checkerboard victory screen with both scores at zero .... when I operate the game start switch in the center , it briefly opens the circuit & closes again clearing the screen to start the game

when I disconnected switch from the connector on the board , on power-up the screen was clear & ball would serve but never add to the score I didn't follow traces on back of board as I never flipped it

• 1 year later...

Yes I have one. I tested all the diodes and all were good. Batteries were good as well as the Power supply. The 470 cap was replaced as well as the 7404. The system will run correctly sometimes and then start up wrong.

The boards design makes it hard to remove various caps to test them since the top acts like a big heat sink. Some I'm not even sure what they are with the old markings.

a663b68f0da66b39afd440c988162922.jpg

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

0a839b864855fef0d1fff4f7172618be.jpg

Well I think I figured it out. C14 appears to have become shorted causing the system to act as if the start button was always pressed. I replaced the .001 cap with a .1uf cap (104) 50v. I was not sure what the original voyage was.

The schematic I was able to locate shows that C14 is connected to pin 20 of the main IC. It goes back to the start/reset switch.

a6faa274c12affd46f752e5bdaec9f23.gif

I should replace all the various caps but I'll stick with the two I have done.

I hope this helps anyone else with the same problem.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

• Like 2