IGNORED

Eclipse Lost All Perspectives After Update?

rasch_C

Does anyone have experience ruining Eclipse on Fedora?I decided that I was going to get back into programming since my store closed and I want to freshen up my skills to re-enter the workforce. I tried prepping my Eclipse to start doing some Android development, and now I can't start a new project -all my perspectives have disappeared!

I am on Fedora 18 and running Eclipse 4.2.2 and did have a bunch of perspectives on there; anything from java, c/c++, php, etc. I installed the Android SDK and ADT, and sometime when I updated I lost every perspective. The only thing I list when I try to start a new project is "general" and "cvs".

I am pretty confident that the Android stuff is installed correctly, and all the other plugins that I had as well. But,I have not been able to figure out how to get the perspectives to reappear. I feel I've been bashing my head for hours -no fun.

TIA,

Allen

Just figured a post a follow-up status to this. I ultimately decided to update to fedora 20 (will hopefully go to 21 when they release the final on the 9th of December) and just jump into using Android Studio instead of Eclipse for programming my android stuff -seeing as how I'm just starting android programming, and this will be the official way to do it in the future.