my wire connection with a multimeter , i see no problem there

The built-in game work fine , but when i insert a real cart and flip the switch

i get a garbage screen , i might have mess with the slot wiring

Somebody can confirm if my wiring from the slot is good

First row 13 - 24

Sec rom 12-1

post-40862-0-49686300-1417055879_thumb.jpg

Edited by steeve_mad

...but when i insert a real cart and flip the switch...

You say "the switch", as in one. Is it a double pole or a single? Or more to the point: There are two connections that need to go through a switch; one will be normally closed*, and the other normally open for on-board games; and obviously the first will be open and the second will be closed for cart. games. I don't remember which ones; it's been a while since I've done my mod. I just want to make sure you were aware there are two connections, not one, that need to go through a switch.

*there is a jumper (it looks more like a resistor to me, though - a zero-ohm resistor?) on the board that needs to be removed, and this circuit will go through the switch. I removed that part, but I still actually ran the circuit through it, but I think that was just silly. But it works.

Edited by AceHart

This might be helpful, although the pictures are of the older rev. board, not the one you & I have:

http://www.atarimuseum.com/fb2hacks/page1.htm

If I am able, I'll check what I did. I have no desire to dissassemble my FB2 again, but I think I may have some notes somewhere. Maybe..

Edited by AceHart

my board broke, one of the contacts lifted. (Guess ill be ordering another one)

FYI - I pulled up a few pads here and there, but probing around directly on the center chip helped me find some alternate points for contact.

Here are some helpful threads:

Now that's MUCH better than any notes I had. And a great picture too. I do have some comments, though:

(1) I recommend using a DPDT switch: One pole will switch between which jumper to use, and the other to switch the recommended wire to IC2 pin. The exact jumpers to switch are labeled on the board; and by the way, the are not the same as the earlier rev.

(2) Consider adding a momentary switch or button to activate the reset. I did not do that - I wish I had known about it. This beats cycling power to change games.