IGNORED

Skee Ball sound samples?

pboland

I'm looking for a specific set of sound samples of a Skee Ball model H (I believe) from the 1980's. Not sound samples of the ball going down the lane, but sound samples the machine make when being used (the electronic sounds). This video is an example of the sounds I'm talking about (start at 1:18):

The reason is, I don't have room in my house for a full size Skee Ball, so I was going to modify a toy Speed Ball (by Ideal) to look and sound just like a Skee Ball model H. This is a somewhat ambitious project for me, but I think it can be done. That's how I remember Skee Ball sounding and that is why I'm look for these specific sound samples. By the way here is the toy (that's pretty fun to play I might add) that I plan on making into a mini Skee Ball model H (or at least look like a reasonable facsimile):

5245767f2197.jpg

This is going to be more than just a new paint job. I plan on making the header above the play area with proper graphics/lights and of course new electronics that will use the sound samples I'm looking for.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 6 years later...
On 12/2/2014 at 9:59 AM, pboland said:

I'm looking for a specific set of sound samples of a Skee Ball model H (I believe) from the 1980's. Not sound samples of the ball going down the lane, but sound samples the machine make when being used (the electronic sounds). This video is an example of the sounds I'm talking about (start at 1:18):

The reason is, I don't have room in my house for a full size Skee Ball, so I was going to modify a toy Speed Ball (by Ideal) to look and sound just like a Skee Ball model H. This is a somewhat ambitious project for me, but I think it can be done. That's how I remember Skee Ball sounding and that is why I'm look for these specific sound samples. By the way here is the toy (that's pretty fun to play I might add) that I plan on making into a mini Skee Ball model H (or at least look like a reasonable facsimile):

5245767f2197.jpg

This is going to be more than just a new paint job. I plan on making the header above the play area with proper graphics/lights and of course new electronics that will use the sound samples I'm looking for.

I'm bumping this topic, because after all this time I'm still looking for (and can't find) these sounds.

Is there anyone out there that might have a machine like this that would be willing to sample the sounds from their machine? I realize this is a lot to ask, but I don't know anyone locally that has the version of model H sounds or I would have done it myself.

Thanks.