IGNORED

RMT music Player for A7800

Heaven/TQA

I'm glad you like it. I was already wondering if this routine would be useful for anyone, since I didn't get any replys when I posted a message about it a couple of days ago in the 7800 forum. I guess I shouldn't have mentioned the PAL timing, since the test program works nicely on a NTSC 7800 too. The song just plays a little faster than intended. ;)

If this game of yours is still your version of Simon, you might have to do some changes to your code. On the 7800 the POKEY repeats all the way between $4000 and $7FFF, so that your game code has to fit in 32K.

And if any 5200 programmers are listening who are using DASM for their programming: The ported player routine should be easy to port to this machine too, since I defined all hardware addresses with equates at the start of the code. Simply changing them for the 5200 setup and exporting the song from the RMT tracker to your desired ROM address should allow you to have nice music in your games too. ;)

Ciao, Eckhard Stolberg

I'm glad you like it.  I was already wondering if this routine would be useful for anyone, since I didn't get any replys when I posted a message about it a couple of days ago in the 7800 forum.

I must have missed that :sad:

I'll go over and take a look.

• 2 years later...
  • 5 months later...