IGNORED

Xbox Live down (lizard hacking)

cimerians

I'm getting tired of these lizard bastards and pretty much all game hackers.

Sat down tonight to play Dungeon Seige III with my wife and this particular game will not save unless I'm signed in. Problem is even though my profile is local on my HDD,,,it still won't work, just hangs which tells me its checking online with Microsoft.

At first I thought my console was messed up cause it kept hanging on a Microsoft update and then we went downstairs and tried the Star Wars 360 and the update went though but hung on signing in. Tried playing the game offline when it said it wouldn't save. WTF.

Well its TV and PC gaming then for us.

I really hope going forward on Xbox One and PS4....you can legitimately play offline and profiles (local) dont check with big daddy upstairs cause thats the only explanation of why I can't sign into a local profile.

By the way those idiots have a roaming Twitter account. (They get shutdown and open new ones)

Just gone down again.Think that's twice in last week for myself.Disconnected this time, ran test, service alert is up etc.

What do these morons really hope to gain from this?...
Sure your sending a message out that the service i pay for is'nt fool proof, is vunerable to attacks, but show me something that bloody well is.
Golf clap for all involved, no really...you've cut off a service i paid for and can only use on my limited time off, so no escapism in terms of online gaming, no downloading of anything i wanted off XBL, no use of any of it's apps etc.
Are they expecting me to thank them for doing this?.

The hell you talkin about?

They are a bunch of hackers who have been taking down gamesite services Xbox live, PSN and gaming websites just about anything that involves groups of people playing games or involving gaming. They probably DDOS sites and they go down. Happened last night and apparently again this morning on Xbox Live.

Are they expecting me to thank them for doing this?.

I know it sucks. I got pretty pissed last night cause I was afraid one of my consoles finally crapped out and then when I realized it was these idiots I was then somewhat concerned about corrupted gamertags (which I keep calling profiles) or anything else.

• Like 1

Things 'improved' this afternoon, 'only' disconnected 3 times in 30 mins....

I was told the inital attack that brought XBL to a grinding halt last week (?) was, in the words of the hacking group, just a 'dummy run'..the 'real' attacks were planned for the festive break period.
Way to go guys, why don't we all just build one mother fu*ker of a bonfire with all our devices that are now so reliant on the online connection these days and you and the rest of your bottom-feeder associates, can just piss right on it there and then and be done with it?.
1st world problems, sure...but it's just pathetic.
All most of us want to do after a really shitty week at work is chill out online for a while, you know, escapism etc....
Bad enough paying to play online ontop of the shitty service i get from B.T as is....

Well, that explains why it took so damn long for me to "log in" that day. I just wanted to play minecraft (which works fine offline, by the way) I'm glad most of my favorite games don't require online at all to play

Guess this would be a good time to bring up the question, again.

Is there a way to log into my profile without loging into live? (short of pulling the plug out of the wall,which I guess I could do but is damn inconvenient)

Great job haxors! For the amount of effort spent to do that, good thing they're picking on gaming services instead of say, I dunno, bringing down the servers at banks that gave out loans to people too poor to pay them so they could indebt them for the rest of their lives.

I guess perspective isn't a requirement of that job.

Don't get me started on..THE BANKS and hackers.

When PSN went down, rather than inform me the matter was 'in hand' (as my debit card had been registered on PSN-I know...i know....) mine decided to sit on the info for a matter of weeks until it broke on BBC Breakfast Time news and then it took 3 hrs of phone calls between bank and Guard Guard for them to decide who's responsibility it was to cancel the bloody card itself.

I cancelled my card when PSN went down years ago, I dont have any cards on XBOXLive or PSN anymore.

But hey look at this, they are promising to shut down Xbox Live forever:

http://www.vgstations.com/en/news/item/2655-lizard-squad-will-allegedly-shut-down-xbox-live-forever-on-christmas.html

In reality it's probably a DDOS attack they think might take Microsoft a while to recover from. They also messed with Sony today just briefly or so they claim.

• Like 1

The PSN hack was a major 'wake-up' call for me.Pre-paid cards only on PSN and XBL after that.

As for shutting XBL down forever? All they'll really do is cause a lot of people a lot of hurt over the key periods, and if XBL is down for a long period of time whilst they'll just feel smug as and move onto yet more targets and wreck havoc there.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

9pm December 25th. I tried PSN and it's the same shit. A shame because both services have some cool sales, flash sale on PSN and 30 bucks for Sunset Overdrive on Xbox Live.

I wouldn't sweat it too much. Just keep checking back for now. If they actually do insist on trying to keep their DDOS up until the sales are over, we'll see if Sony or Microsoft simply extend the durations. (The only ones losing out if they don't are themselves after all.) The idiots claim they'll be able to keep Live down for good, but I seriously doubt they're going to actually back up their threat. ie: I don't think they're capable of it.

But I wasn't really looking to buy anything in the sales myself so I guess I'm not getting worked up over it either way.

I wouldn't sweat it too much. Just keep checking back for now. If they actually do insist on trying to keep their DDOS up until the sales are over, we'll see if Sony or Microsoft simply extend the durations. (The only ones losing out if they don't are themselves after all.) The idiots claim they'll be able to keep Live down for good, but I seriously doubt they're going to actually back up their threat. ie: I don't think they're capable of it.

But I wasn't really looking to buy anything in the sales myself so I guess I'm not getting worked up over it either way.

Yeah they will probably extend it. Seems things are getting back to normal today.

I found the twerps on twitter..well until they get shutdown and pop up somewhere else:

https://twitter.com/LizardMafia

...........and it's still down.

9pm December 25th. I tried PSN and it's the same shit. A shame because both services have some cool sales, flash sale on PSN and 30 bucks for Sunset Overdrive on Xbox Live.

Oh well I took the time to reacquaint myself with Arrowhead's Gauntlet on my PC.

Both me and my wife were on Xbox Live last night while you were sending this message. I wasn't playing a multiplayer game though, so perhaps that would have been prevented.

Both me and my wife were on Xbox Live last night while you were sending this message. I wasn't playing a multiplayer game though, so perhaps that would have been prevented.

I think it was mainly the store and multiplayer, I usually check this if I feel like something strange is going on:

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-live-status

• Like 1

Yeah they will probably extend it. Seems things are getting back to normal today.

I found the twerps on twitter..well until they get shutdown and pop up somewhere else:

https://twitter.com/LizardMafia

So, Kim Dotcom paid them off in Mega vouchers and they stopped the attack? Something smells fishy here...

One aspect many MIGHT over-look is fact that to many of us, with friends and family living abroad or even in UK, who don't tend to use PC's or smart phones very much, but are often found on PSN/XBL, by bringing these 2 networks down during the Xmas period, these hacking bastards basically cut off all comms between us.

We all work differing hours/shifts etc so Xmas day was the 1 fecking time we'd of had to chat and catch up, so golf clap to all involved in these denial of service attacks.If there's any justice, i hope next time your trying to reach a loved one, you face a f*cked service....

• Like 1

Technically...'we' (ie the media) should'nt really be calling them a 'Hacking' group, should we? as they don't actually hack into shit, do they? they just ensure the wheels fall off the wagon as it were, rather than rummage around and find what's inside the wagon?.

Be rather ironic IF they sold their 'skills' to someone who then used the attack on a service they themselves relied on...Ohh woz the matter? a service you like to use not working because your shits been used on it as some group wants to make a name for themselves as they saw you pricks get a media frenzy? tough.

• Like 1

Now the dirtbags are selling their DDOS 'skills' as a service to anyone who wants to pay them:

http://gizmodo.com/hackers-are-now-selling-the-attack-that-brought-down-ps-1676451800

Likely the beginning of the end for the group I'd say. If you're going to charge, you need to be able to collect. That's going to create a little path right to them at some point and you can bet authorities will be sniffing around for it.

• Like 2