IGNORED

silver gravitar

mark

is there any chance this game could get knocked up to a rarity 9?i've seen more quadruns on ebay than the silver gravitar. i haven't seen any silvers, has anyone here seen one? i need opinions please. thanks. :)

Yes, I've seen several loose copies being sold in game lots on Ebay. This, Like Quest for Quintana Roo Sunrise version is probably a sleeper cart in that many people don't actively look for it because there is a much more common version available.

As for the R8 R9 thing, AFAIK the rarity ratings here are based on available production numbers for the carts, but that's something Alex or Albert could explain much better.

ahh i see. it says the guide reflects on online auctions, thrifts, ect... is it based on anything else? but im still confused. :? if thats so why is gravitar silver not upgraded cause i always look on ebay and have only once come across one and i always seem to find quadrun or other rares.

i believe quadrun was downgraded cause its seen so often. and i think there are rumors that waterworld will be downgraded cause its seen so often.

thanks for your help sku.

but i would also like alex and alberts thoughts. :) could gravitar be considered for an upgrade? :?

i've seen 4 or 5 quadrun so far this year on ebay.

i've seen 4 silver gravitar on ebay.

but i don't look as hard for gravitar and it can be overlooked a lot easier than quadrun. for example if you search ebay descriptions today for

atari 2600 gravitar

there are 24 hits today. you have to look at each of the pictures to see if it's red or silver. some don't have pictures, so they could be silver. one of the current auctions does have a silver gravitar, but you have to look really close at very small cartridges to find it :twisted:

so maybe quadrun and gravitar are more similar in rarity than collectors think :roll: ;)

for me, it was easier to find a silver gravitar than to find a quadrun and it cost much less. it will be much easier for you to find a silver gravitar for $100 than it will for be for you to find a quadrun for $300.

Personally I do not think it needs to be upgraded. Rarity is not based directly on production numbers partly because we don't know most of them. However, as it was already mentioned there are some Gravitar's that go under the radar because it's a label variation. Just searching for "silver gravitar" will not find them all.

Of course we are always interested to hear more opinions.

I've seen at least 8 silver Gravitar's on eBay int the last 5 months but only about 3 Sentinel's.

I have owned at least 3 of them, I can't say that about Quadrun, I only had one loose copy with instructions before I got my boxed complete one.

I don't think it needs an 'upgrade' but that is just my opinion. :)