IGNORED

NOS Games From South America (motorodeo, road runner,ect)

Shawn

15 members have voted

1. 1. What rarity do the SA games actually have?

• R1, these things are just as common as combat
    • R2, these things are never going away
    • R3, I hate using ebay to buy games

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

Supply and demand is the sole basis for value and rarity.

No. Increased or decreased demand does not affect rarity. A finite number of carts exist though, whether for sale or not. Perhaps though, rarity numbers may need minor tweaks as new stockpiles are found or carts get tossed away or "recycled" into homebrew.

Earthbound is an R4 on NintendoAge but it's sale price trumps many R7-R8s due to increased demand. At any given time there are doezens of copies on Ebay/Amazon though. Should it's rarity be increased due to market demand? No. Likewise neither should a crap game nobody wants be demoted because there are a few pristine copies available for sale.

• Like 1

Will pal carts like Roadrunner and Motorodeo play fine on consoles/tv's here in the U.S. ?

They will roll vertically, if you have an older set you can adjust the vertical hold. Some new tv's will take both PAL and NTSC signals but most will not.

No. Increased or decreased demand does not affect rarity. A finite number of carts exist though, whether for sale or not. Perhaps though, rarity numbers may need minor tweaks as new stockpiles are found or carts get tossed away or "recycled" into homebrew.

Earthbound is an R4 on NintendoAge but it's sale price trumps many R7-R8s due to increased demand. At any given time there are doezens of copies on Ebay/Amazon though. Should it's rarity be increased due to market demand? No. Likewise neither should a crap game nobody wants be demoted because there are a few pristine copies available for sale.

I said supply AND demand. Two things, Not just one or the other. A few pristine copies? Was that an attempt at humor? I sure hope so cause saying there are only a few copies when there are thousands is a joke.

It seems the guy in Florida has an endless supply of Roadrunners . He sells one and puts another up and another . He has sold them in quantities of 6 in the past . Thats probably why that dragonfly has or had 6 he is selling for a stupid price . Probably bought 6 at one point from him .

Compared to the millions of over-produced games, a thousand is a drop in the bucket. Stuff is rare because it didn't sell. Whether warehouse stock was destroyed or not is irr... Er, maybe not. :P

You're lost on this topic as a whole and clearly have nothing relevant to add.

• 1 month later...

You'll no longer be able to get Motorodeo and Road Runner for $20 new

happiestsellerever is now buying these games

All the old prices in this thread you might as well kiss them goodbye.

That is to bad , he will corner the market even if he has to buy hundreds of each one . Glad I bought one of each recently .

You'll no longer be able to get Motorodeo and Road Runner for $20 new

happiestsellerever is now buying these games

All the old prices in this thread you might as well kiss them goodbye.

It's not possible. There are too many for him to make a difference.

• Like 1

We'll see. I'm sure he'll try. He won a sealed lot today.

There's quite a few games he's trying to make more rare than they are.

I actually know happiest, while he's got the cash to play I don't think believes he's gonna make a worldwide difference on the SA games. He might make a difference for those looking to buy them within the USA but he will never make a difference in price getting them right out of the source. Nobody can, there are just too damn many.

Speculators gonna speculate!

And with the way history gets re-written or re-interpreted, who knows. 30 years from now, people might think Ikari Warriors and Motorodeo were the shit in the early 90's! Helped bring Atari back from the dead. Financed the Jaguar :rolling:

I actually know happiest, while he's got the cash to play I don't think believes he's gonna make a worldwide difference on the SA games. He might make a difference for those looking to buy them within the USA but he will never make a difference in price getting them right out of the source. Nobody can, there are just too damn many.

Do you know where he's getting his fake carts from? And why are they so expensive?

For that matter why are most of his items so expensive??

Games that normally sell for $10 - $25 he's selling for $60 plus