IGNORED

Controller delay on FB5

I bought an FB5 and to my dismay, there was a significant delay between me pushing the joystick and the game registering my move, that made it impossible to play any arcade-type games. I put fresh batteries in, and there was a clear line of sight to the unit, about 3 feet away. The delay was about 1/3 of a second, enough to make for some very frustrating experiences. There were a few occasions where I would push the controller and not get any response at all. Is this normal, or might there be something else going on? Radio wave interference? A defective unit?

I bought an FB5 and to my dismay, there was a significant delay between me pushing the joystick and the game registering my move, that made it impossible to play any arcade-type games. I put fresh batteries in, and there was a clear line of sight to the unit, about 3 feet away. The delay was about 1/3 of a second, enough to make for some very frustrating experiences. There were a few occasions where I would push the controller and not get any response at all. Is this normal, or might there be something else going on? Radio wave interference? A defective unit?

Get yourself some corded joysticks to plug into the front of the console and problem solved. The cordless ones are junk.

• 2 weeks later...

Oh dear, that is very bad news on the paddles. One of my favorite things to do is try and get 99 pts on Street Racer, but that's barely possible with an emulator/mouse, and it would be nigh impossible with a paddle delay. Is this with the manufacturer's paddles, or genuine Atari, or does it not matter? And unfortunately it looks like they only come in wired varieties. Strange.