IGNORED

The 2014 AtariAge Holiday Greeting Cart Is Here!

Albert

The 2014 AtariAge Holiday Greeting Cart Is Here!

Everybody's favorite fabled frosty firefighter is back! But so are those pesky fireballs and they're hotter than ever! This year they've kidnapped Santa and some of his helpers, so it's up to you to put out the fireballs and rescue your friends from their fiery fate. Your first frosty adventure was just a warm-up - now there are all new levels to conquer and challenges to face! Fortunately, you've found some new magic in that old silk hat of yours. Can you stay frostier, fight your way to the fireballs' frigid fortress and freeze those fiendish flames?

After a seven year hiatus, the AtariAge Holiday Greeting Cart is back! We're proud to introduce Stay Frosty 2 as the 2014 AtariAge Holiday Cart. Stay Frosty 2 is arguably the most advanced platform game to ever grace the Atari 2600, taking advantage of our Melody cartridge platform to push the Atari 2600 to its limits. Stay Frosty 2 is the sequel to Stay Frosty, which appeared in Stella's Stocking, the 2007 AtariAge Holiday Cart. Stay Frosty 2 features 32 unique levels (and a total of 128 levels), new enemies and dangers, new power-ups, and many surprises!

In addition to Stay Frosty 2, we have a SECOND holiday-themed game this year! We're also introducing The Byte Before Christmas, a collection of four Christmas-themed games in one cartridge: Santa's Scabs, Christmas Adventure, Bell Hopper, and Naughty List. Do you have what it takes to save Christmas?

2600_StayFrosty2_Render.jpg2600_ByteBeforeChristmas_Render.jpg

Also in the new lineup is Three.s, an Atari 2600 conversion of the popular Threes mobile puzzle game, written by veteran Atari 2600 programmer Thomas Jentzsch. Three.s is an addictive tile-based puzzle game, and a must have on the 2600 if you enjoy games of this nature! The iOS version of Threes was just awarded Apple's 2014 Game of the Year.

For Atari 7800 fans, we have two new games: K.C. Munchkin, a port of the Odyssey 2 game that resulted in a lawsuit against Magnavox by Atari, and Astro Blaster, a port of the arcade game of the same name. Both of these new titles were programmed by Bob DeCreszenzo, who has a remarkable track record in producing games on the 7800.

2600_Threes_Store_Render_1.jpg2600_Threes_Store_Render_2.jpg

7800_KCMunchkin_Render.jpg 7800_AstroBlaster_Render.jpg

Get These Games By Christmas!

We've built 100 copies each of Stay Frosty 2 and The Byte Before Christmas, and 50 copies each of Three.s, K.C. Munchkin, and Astro Blaster with the aim of getting them into your hands by Christmas. Here's what you need to do to help us make that happen:
  • You must live in the United States (sadly, international shipments will not arrive in time).
  • You must purchase the games on or before Wednesday, December 17th.
  • You must choose Priority Mail shipping.
  • This is important: To be fair to everyone who wants a copy of these games in time for Christmas, you may only purchase ONE COPY of each game will be allowed at this time. Unfortunately, the store does not allow us to restrict how many copies you can place in your cart. If you order more than one copy of any of the new games (Stay Frosty 2, The Byte Before Christmas, Three.s, K.C. Munchkin, and Astro Blaster), your order will be canceled and we'll ask you to place your order again.

We will ship all domestic orders for these games no later than December 20th (and earlier in most cases, we hope), which, according to the United States Postal Service, is the last day shipments can be made via Priority Mail in time for Christmas. But please bear in mind that we cannot guarantee arrival in time for Christmas, as we cannot control what happens once packages leave our hands. But in our experience, Priority Mail has been very fast in the last six months, so we expect packages to arrive in time.

AtariVox+ Now Available!

The AtariVox+ Speech Synthesizer for the Atari 2600/7800 and Vectrex is now available in the AtariAge Store! The AtariVox+ is a self-contained speech/music synthesizer and memory card for the Atari 2600 and 7800, Vectrex, and other video game consoles with compatible controller ports.

The heart of the unit is the SpeakJet--an amazing chip with phonetic speech, preset sounds and a five channel music synthesizer. All of these are controlled by the console via a serial interface emulated through the driver software. Similar to chips used in 80s speech synthesizers but with extended capabilities, the speech retains a nice retro quality, making it a perfect partner for classic consoles.

AtariVoxPlus_Front_and_Back.jpg

Also onboard the AtariVox+ is 32K of non-volatile memory which can be used as a memory card. The flash memory will retain data without power for 200+ years. An allocation scheme has been devised so that no file is ever overwritten, allowing many different games to store data on just one unit.

You can purchase the AtariVox+ here and see a list of homebrews that have native support for the AtariVox+ here.

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask!!

• Like 13

Well, that's certainly an excellent game to show your 2600 some love. :)

..Al

Al

I placed my order for the Stay Frosty 2 & Stella's Stocking but I can't tell if it went thru!?!?!? Its not erased from my "shopping cart" and not listed under "my orders" but my AMEX account says there's a hold for the amount. Can you tell if it went thru?

Thanks

Brian

Al

I placed my order for the Stay Frosty 2 & Stella's Stocking but I can't tell if it went thru!?!?!? Its not erased from my "shopping cart" and not listed under "my orders" but my AMEX account says there's a hold for the amount. Can you tell if it went thru?

Thanks

Brian

Hi Brian,

I'll PM you.

..Al

• Like 1