IGNORED

RAM320XE/576 order thread

ctirad

Hi nice want one too in enclosure with covox and passthtough connector.

PM sent.

May I ask why not bigger memory upgrade?

576kB is actually a plenty of RAM.

With my current knowledge I belive the solderless 1088kB is possible, although very tricky. However, I'm not going to produce such a card in the near future if ever.

• 2 months later...

At this point I am still pricing up various RAM expansion devices and cannot make a firm commitment. However it would help me save up if I knew what I needed to aim for. Would you mind sending me a PM with the current price of the 320/576XE in case with COVOX but no ECI pass-through.. I would need it delivering to Britain if that were possible.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

hi,

after having much pcb trouble with my 320kxe attempt, i think this would be a more practical alternative!!

can i please order 1x standard unit with enclosure with shipping to the UK?

many thanks

• 4 weeks later...

It makes not much sense, because my Covox implementatin is neither a simple resistor network nor 4x 8bit dac with parallel input. It uses the CPLD chip for latching of the 4 sample registers, unsigned->signed conversion, digital mixing to 2x9bit stream that is padded to 24bit stream and then streamed over I2S BUS to the true DAC chip with built-in headphone amplifier (Wolfson). The standalone implementation would save only the SRAM chip, that makes barely 1/5th of the component price.

• Like 1