IGNORED

Robotron question

tom2600

Arrgh!!! I'm full of frustration right now. Let me explain...I was just playing Robotron (yellow/orange version) when I had finally beat my current high score of about 2 million. I was doing great (even had about 8 men left) when the game suddenly froze and reset. This has happened before but never at such an inopportune time! Does Robotron have a rep for crashing often or is it just my bad luck? It seems to happen about 5% of the time I play which is a lot considering how much I play it. I would just play the version I bought as part of the Williams collection but that version doesn't play smoothly on my system. Any insight appreciated.

So what Robotron are you playing.. you're in the emulation section and you do mention the Williams collection. But on your PC? psx? Snes? Genesis? Mame? Xbox?

And if you're playing an emulated arcade version and can score up to two million.. I wouldn't worry about it! You're obviously good enough that you can easily replicate that score again sometime :lol:

Tempest, thanks for the info. I'll look for an updated rom.

NE146, I have the Williams collection for the PC and PS1, but for some reason the PC version is really choppy even though it ran smooth on the piece of crap 386 I once owned. The PS1 Robotron is impossible to play with those controls.

And thanks for saying 2 million is a good score, but I'm sure the world record holder isn't losing any sleep at night. ;)

Well considering it was a MAJOR achievement for me when I finally scored a Million back in 1999.. yeah I'd say it was good. :) My avg. these days tends to range from 400-600k however. I have to be really "ON" to score a million.

Now try playing it at difficulty 10! ;)