IGNORED

2600 Connection interviews programmer / designer Todd Marshall

timdu

In closing out the year on a positive note, we offer the latest interview from archivist Scott Stilphen, this time with former James Wickstead Design Associates programmer / designer Todd Marshall. Scott archived a few prototype games and utilities for several systems, including some demos and an unknown 3-D game for the VCS, as well as two dozen source code listings! It's another fantastic interview with something for everyone.

Check it out @:

http://www.2600connection.com/interviews/todd_marshall/interview_todd_marshall.html

Happy Holidays, everyone!

Tim

• Like 3

I really hope someone tries to compile those WIP versions of Q*Berts Qubes. I'd hate to be the one who has to type them in though.

I took a look at them intending to do just that. As far as I can tell they are both very incomplete and would not run as they are :(

Edited by Wickeycolumbus

I took a look at them intending to do just that. As far as I can tell they are both very incomplete and would not run as they are :(

Incomplete how? Missing pages of print out or just the programs will only run in a development environment?

If you had all of the pages, wouldn't a program like gImageReader be able to convert it to text?

I've never used any image or PDF to text software, but I'm sure it would come in handy for something like this.

The nice thing about this source is that it has the object code for each instruction on it's line. You can forget about trying to get it to assemble on a modern assembler and just extract the hex from the text.