IGNORED

Which games would you like to see in 2015?

retroillucid

Scramble

Zoo Keeper

Super Bagman

Tac/Scan

Star Castle

Gravitar

Bosconian

Crossbow

... and dare I say it... Chiller?

Super Bagman is (almost) a done deal

Tac/Scan is one my favorite arcade game, so expect this one

Already did some works on Gravitar, so.....

Star Castle has already been released as Star Fortress

Chiller? ...... Maybe if we can ever get a light gun for the Colecovision

• Like 1

Chiller? ...... Maybe if we can ever get a light gun for the Colecovision

I was thinking more like a Roller Controller game, sorta like the 2600 version of Crossbow. Trackball games are a lot of fun, but there's so few of them.

Great news on Tac/Scan and Super Bagman. I'm really looking forward to those! :thumbsup:

Sky Love (with a mode that gives a less fat ship, a kid's mode with a slim ship and slower bullets, and the optional ability to scroll off the side of screen to the other side)

The Youtube video showing this game is weird, by the way. When the ship is hit it doesn't blow up. When I played the game recently with Mame it definitely does.

port 'Family Feud' and 'Jeopardy' from the ADAM to CV cart, with updated questions* (on screen keyboard?)

*they made programs for ADAM to edit the in-game questions.

The programs were called Family Feud Writer and Jeopardy Writer by Walters Software Co., but they did not allow for the editing of the respective game's built-in questions. The Writer programs allowed people to create their own Question Packs which were stored on a separate DDP or Disk and then could be used by FF or Jeopardy with the in-game option to use a Question Pack.

If someone were to undertake porting these great party games to CV cartridge format, they would have to disassemble the games which would also reveal how to change the questions. A pop-up keyboard on-screen would be ideal, the hand controller keypad would have to be used like cell phones are to enter letters and numbers or there is always that CV Keyboard expansion module. if someone was serious enough, I could always contact Jim Walters to see if he saved the disassemblies of these programs that he did back in the mid-80's.

Almost forgot, there was Bible Jeopardy by Royal Ambassador Software and the programmer actually did replace the built-in questions as well as fix the bug in Jeopardy that resets the questions after the last one is used.

Another one I would definitely love to see ported to Colecovision would be the TRS-80 game Dungeons of Daggorath!!

Yeah, I mentioned that one on the previous page. There would have to be a workaround for not having a keyboard, but I think that's possible, especially since the Coleco has a keypad. I think a remake should have autogenerating levels because that was something that was supposed to be in the game and was stripped out merely to shrink the ROM from 16k to 8k.

There is a webpage that has great detail about the game's inner workings and I think the source code is even available. Both of these things should greatly expedite a port. Restoring the automatically generating levels would make the port more relevant, too, by restoring the developer's original vision.

css00008.jpg

Edited by Justin222

I'd like to see at least one pinball game. I think Colecovision is one of the few great consoles that doesn't have a frickin pinball game.

Pinball is always fun, especially if there are modes that enable players to have things like a bumper in the middle of the center exit hole. When I was six I rolled over the score on a pinball machine at a bar so I was pretty good at it. However, some machines are no fun at all -- being so biased against the player with things like huge exit holes. The bar eventually replaced that machine with one of the cheesy quarter-killers.

There's that cool 'Pinball Construction Set' game on the unreleased 'Best of Electronic Arts' game for ADAM, which also contained the unreleased 'Hard Hat Mack', which seems like would also be an excellent candidate for a cart release. I could never get my pinball layouts to save back in the day. Maybe there was a bug that prevented that, IDK. If that was fixed, it would make an awesome pinball game, especially if you could create and save your own layouts.

• Like 1

RIPCORD #2431 (by Exidy)

HORSE RACING #2442 (by Fidelity)

MR. TURTLE #2432 (by Coleco?)

SKIING #2436

TUNNELS & TROLLS #2441 (by Flying Buffalo)

Let's get that catalog "completed" :)

Tunnels & Trolls was already released as Dungeons & Trolls. The name changed due to copyright.

RIPCORD #2431 (by Exidy)

HORSE RACING #2442 (by Fidelity)

MR. TURTLE #2432 (by Coleco?)

SKIING #2436

TUNNELS & TROLLS #2441 (by Flying Buffalo)

Let's get that catalog "completed" :)

Rip Cord and Mr. Turtle are in-development.

Horse Racing was started by Else and progressed along pretty far until the project stopped. Search for the thread with some very nice demo rom images.

Rip Cord and Mr. Turtle are in-development.

Horse Racing was started by Else and progressed along pretty far until the project stopped. Search for the thread with some very nice demo rom images.

Cool! Who's developing Rip Cord and Mr. Turtle? I've always thought Zookeeper would be excellent but can the CV handle that many sprites onscreen at once? There's a lot going on at high speeds. That said, what about Food Fight ?