IGNORED

Which games would you like to see in 2015?

retroillucid

Cool! Who's developing Rip Cord and Mr. Turtle? I've always thought Zookeeper would be excellent but can the CV handle that many sprites onscreen at once? There's a lot going on at high speeds. That said, what about Food Fight ?

Rip Cord by Russ Kumro

Mr. Turtle by Leo Brophy

Zookeeper has been on a lot of Wish Lists especially since there has never been a home version for any system made. Food Fight would be another good one to make for the CV.

i started working on ZooKeeper ;)

Indeed, Rip Cord is almost done

As for Monster Bash, few things remains to be done for an imminent release

Rip Cord AND Zookeeper in progress?! Have I died and gone to heaven?! Thanks!! Any screenshots or either -with ANY progress- that you could pleeeease share? :)

• 2 weeks later...

Bomberman Special from MSX to Colecovision.

Idea for Box blurb: "Shirobom is back, and he's blasting onto colecovision! He is a slave of the Bungeling Empire, forced against his will to make weapons for the tyrannical dictators. One day, he heard a rumor that whoever escapes from the empire will be freed and be reborn anew. With his natural ability to spawn bombs out of thin air, Shirobom leaps into action and he has to make it through the fifty levels in a bid for freedom. Will he succeed? Only your skill will decide his fate."

Edited by Jim McKigney

Has anybody thought about taking on Taito's Wild Western?

Only Opcode and he released a demo rom image of it many years ago... but nothing further has been developed. This would be a great game to use two Hand Controllers for player control installed in the Roller Controller (with the switch set to Joystick) to make things easier. I actually see multiple control scenarioes for this game including using the Super Action Controller and just one Hand Controller with keypad input like is being done with the Front Line controller hack that Opcode just finished for Pixelboy.

Edited by NIAD

• 1 month later...

Finish the homebrew "Frantic", that Frenzy variant. Shouldn't take long, and that game completed would totally rock -- potentially a Top 10 CV title all time.

IIRC there were some serious programming bugs that couldn't be fixed rhat stopped further development.

Some games I really liked, looked forward to, but Coleco fouled up:

Space Fury. Terrible colors and graphics, and as simple as the arcade game was elements were missing: the partial aliens did not follow you and did not speed up.

Victory: Terrible character graphics and defective programming- the Quarks were never released.

Mr. Do!: Needed more touching up (e.g. you don't get "stuck" with apples), and better character graphics. Maybe monsters can eat apples, as they did in the arcade?

Zaxxon: Smoother scrolling if possible, and better action with missiles launched from silos and Mobots, if they remain. More challenge with outer space sequence.

Omega Race. Awful, awful graphics. Death Drones and mines show a decent vector look could have been achieved.

Looping: It's too easy to loop, and shoot out bricks- nothing can hit you even if you move at moderate speed. Slow down shots or add that "pyramid?"

Burgertime: More challenge by gradually accelerating enemies, not your character- defect when you get between 200,000 and 300,000 points needs to be fixed.

Time Pilot: Poor collision detection, missing screen, and somewhat better graphics.

New-new games:

SNAP JACK!!!

Pleiades.

Bagman.

Gauntlet, perhaps? Even if enemy movement is space-to-space like the NES version, still GREAT!! :)

Battlezone.

Any vector game.

Marvin's Maze.

SPACE ODYSSEY!!

Kangaroo.

• Like 1

IIRC there were some serious programming bugs that couldn't be fixed rhat stopped further development.

Nah, I think that explaination applied to Scott Huggin's implementation of Phoenix. Scott told me he lost interest in the project because he just wasn't happy with the game. He felt it was missing an important secret ingredient (which he couldn't nail down) that would have made the game greater than Frenzy.

• Like 1

The more I think about it, there are four games I'd love to see:

1. Mappy (There was an MSX version of this game, right?)

2. Domino Man (I read somewhere this was planned at one point? Kind of felt Flora And Ghost Mirror actually had similar game play features to it!)

3. Kickman (Could be a really cool game with an option for the roller controller)

4. Wacko (Yes, so I'm at fan of these older Bally/Midway games set on this hardware!) =)

This game used a trackball and a joystick. Can this combination be used on the CV?

Oddly enough, it had almost the exact same set up as the CV Roller Controller!

dsc_0365-e1325997953483.jpgIMG_2861.jpg

And the controls were really just "move" and "Shoot left or right" so that could easily be adapted to a standard controller.

Edited by TPR

Oddly enough, it had almost the exact same set up as the CV Roller Controller!

attachicon.gifdsc_0365-e1325997953483.jpgattachicon.gifIMG_2861.jpg

And the controls were really just "move" and "Shoot left or right" so that could easily be adapted to a standard controller.

I remember playing Wacko a lot at the Aladdin's Castle Arcade and always thought it would be a cool game to have on the ColecoVision. Oddly enough after all these years of owning a CV and Roller Controller, I don't recall ever testing out if trakball and hand controller directional input work simultaneously or not. I probably have tried this, but growing old has taken it's toll on the old noggin'.