IGNORED

The PS4 controller has flashing lights and sound?

Random Terrain

I tried Grand Theft Auto V on a PS4 yesterday and when the cops were after me, the light on the controller started flashing and the police radio was going off through the controller. Phone calls in the game also came out of the controller.

I hope that stuff can be disabled because I think it's a distracting irritation. Does the Xbox One also have a flashing/talking controller?

Speaking of Grand Theft Auto V, it does look better than my Xbox 360 version. Draw distance is better too. It's not the huge leap in graphics that I've been waiting for, but it's still an improvement.

I tried the first person view and it doesn't seem to be as good and natural as what you get in a game like Skyrim.

Yes, I know that you enjoy the flashing lights on your controller and you love to get high and shove the controller in your face and anyone who doesn't like the flashing lights is a Commie or a Nazi or a tree-hugging hippie or a tea bagger or a sheep shagger or something else that you hate. :D :P

I don't mind the voice on the controller (I kind of liked it on the Wii) as long as I have the option to turn it off. If not, then I will eventually be annoyed by it. In general most games I got have the option to turn it off in the games settings. I don't have GTA V so I'm not sure if there is an option for that or not but I can't see why Rockstar wouldn't stick that option in there. You can also use headphones on the controller and change the settings on the console to use audio only through the TV, only the headphones or split it between the two.

Things I'm waiting on this generations consoles to add:

PS4: Ability to change online status to offline and play movies files off of USB.

Xbox One: Ability to turn vibration off in the controller and hopefully a different dashboard someday.

• 4 weeks later...

I can imagine that only a sheep shagger would not enjoy controller sounds and lights.

I have been enjoying them from the wii sports days. Geez sure took the ole sony nazis a long time to catch up. Must be commies or teabaggers not sure which...probably both!

Well off to find some tea hugging hippie for a beatdown(I love to hate them!)

:)