IGNORED

CT60/CT63: Any Hope?

I had some emails with Rodolphe a few months and he mentioned there was a deal in the pipeline with a Danish guy who would produce 100 of the new style CT60e.

CT60e = CT60 + CTCM integrated - F30 booster + new dimensions (CPU no more under the keyboard).

Rodolphe would then get some cash to develop a new CTX60 card based on CT63 and to include Super Videl on the board too.

Got an email from Rodolphe:

I emailed Willy and it won't be available for a while but he's keeping emails and will publicise when it's ready:

It will be 100% electrical compatible with CT63 with integrated ctcm, completely new layout, bigger, improved mechanical stability, and many more ,)
Please be patient. It will be delayed c 2 months.
When it will be ready i will announce this everywhere. ;)

• 7 years later...

I think those 100 was made and sold by https://retrohax.net/ ? A new batch will be made by https://centuriontech.eu/ct60-accelerators-coming-soon/

But no more news then that. I think there is some redevelopment of the board done to get around part unavailability problem. So probably testing of that is needed. Maybe firmware needs to be altered if a different CPLD if used.

Edited by snarkdluG

On 6/4/2022 at 6:12 PM, snarkdluG said:

Needless to say they sold out pretty quickly.

Pawel (pavel) said new stock will be made up in the coming weeks and will drip through depending on component delivery times. Not see any reviews but it could be the best CT63's yet (slight improvements and tweaks on the boards)

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
1 hour ago, Koji77 said:

Any word on if ANYONE can/will/is working on the SUpervidel project... or will this never be... if not why.. what's the big issue/secret that is preventing this from being brought out?

There was a few posts recently in this thread on AF implying that something is happening in the dark. How much being done is very hard to say. Maybe even something other then SuperVidels. Then there is the usual chip shortage that will prevent it going in production and probably development as well in certain degree. So at least 1/2 year if not longer.