IGNORED

All about 3DO

mrl5201

I posted this exact same thing in someone elses topic but wasnt sure if anyone would see it

Im new to this forum and also new to 3DO, im a collector and the 3DO is my newest pickup, I didnt really know much about the console until a couple weeks back, I also of course figured out that it isnt copyright protected so I made back up copies of all the games that came with my 3DO and no I dont download and burn games I dont have, though I have thought about it lol. I actually have a computer, very old actually that was purchased in 2004 that burns really well, with 2 disc drives so I can burn straight from the original copy to the blank disc. Ive been using Phillips CDrs 700mb 52x. At first I was just putting in the discs and hitting burn and letting it do its thing, didnt think much about the speed cause i didnt think it mattered. I have the FZ-10 and all discs seem to work with no problems at all. Then I started to read up on burning discs and how certain media brands and using a slower writing speed is the best. Well I didnt know about using the slower writing speed so I think my computer was burning the discs at the fastest it could at 32x, but like I said the discs seem to work great in the console. So what is the reason for using a slower speed and if I burned them at a slower speed would there be any difference or would that be better for the console? Only thing it seems burning at a slower speed would do is make me wait longer for it to finish. Has anyone else had success burning games at a faster speed? Is it because its the second model and it reads discs better? If there is anyone that can give me answers for all this, understanding would be nice lol