IGNORED

What did you buy today?.........

evilevoix

687944339e5af70411fd89bafe4aecc6.jpg

Purchased this on the Wii U Eshop. I really like the touchscreen functionality for this one.

67b3ce9115cdf18c65172e181b755ae0.jpg

Also picked up Sin&Punishment 64 for the Wii U. After watching Classic game rooms review of this game I decided it was a must buy.

TG16 Wii U purchases(so far):

Alien Crush

Air Zonk

Detana Twin Bee

Final Soldier

• Like 2

So,

Long story on this one.  (I'll break it down;  This will be the short version hopefully).  It was either destined to be a trade or for my personal collection :)

Here's the thing.  I looked up PC Engine Shuttles on eBay and there were 5 auctions with pictures of the SAME PC Engine Shuttle.  I know this because there were pics of it on a woodgrain kitchen floor and 3 out of the 5 auctions had the same serial number!  I called eBay on it thinking something's up as I often find scam auctions.  Eventually getting a human to talk to on the phone;  the lady spoke fast and with an accent, but seemed to be telling me it was as if they were using those pics as stock pics.  She basically assured me, I could order and my order would be protected, (Meaning I'd get money back if they were scamming, etc.).  Well,   the Paypal protection thing had kicked in 3 times lately and worked each time,  despite one, admittedly a long time ago where they ripped me off and never made it right, telling me the seller had closed his accounts and it would be up to me to  get the money from him (Which was impossible of course).  I was thinking about it when I saw an email in my messages.

It was one of the auctions (the Lowest priced one) with the serial number in the pic, and he was sending me a slightly better deal.  The auction said it was tested, working, and showed pics of it hooked up to a TV.  I decided to take it, but I'd missed the time limit.  So I rounded the number slightly down to $140 I think it was, ...$148.40 with free shipping and sent him a Best Offer.  He took it and sent me the exact PC Engine Shuttle in all of the pictures!  With the serial number from the pics.  I had to spec out a power supply and order it separately, but I had a controller that should work and an A/V cable for it, too.  I hooked it up and got picture and sound, but unfortunately, the controller port was flaky and I couldn't get a controller to stay in tight and work.  I told the seller and he ignored me at first so I had to have eBay get involved.  The seller asked me to send it back and he would refund my dough, And pay for shipping.  But when I went to ship it back to Japan,  Shipping on this thing (Which cost me $148.40 Total) would be either $144 (UPS) or $250 (FEDEX)!!! ...I knew the USPS would be even more.  So I emailed the seller.  I felt really bad, and was also baffled that he could send it to me for as cheap as he did.  Maybe he lost money IDK.  We eventually agreed he'd refund half and I'd keep it and get it repaired.  AA member Crossbow is up for trying a repair on this and I hope it works!  

It's very neat looking and it's big!  Until I saw it in person I always thought they'd be smaller.  Check out the pic with a 7800 nearby to compare.

20210717_002945.thumb.jpg.4db1efc62ea234d89e59a3c93786b874.jpg

• Like 4

I've been waiting for the 8bitdo nes pad to become available again and finally just broke down and bought the hyperkin cadet instead.  Reviews were mixed and the expectation was that it may need to be modified,  or get sent back.  I have to say,  I'm pleasantly surprised.  The main gripe is that the reciever fits loosely in the front of the console,  to the point that it doesn't make contact.  Either hyperkin fixed the problem,  or I just got lucky. Mine is nice and snug.  The d-pad feels like the original nes.  Not too clicky, not too mushy.  No noticeable lag. It's got some rounded butt cheeks on the back and is nice and comfortable to hold. All in all,  a fairly nice controller and decent alternative to the 8bitdo.

20210824_135014.jpg

• Like 4

On 8/24/2021 at 1:52 PM, 4300 said:

I've been waiting for the 8bitdo nes pad to become available again and finally just broke down and bought the hyperkin cadet instead.  Reviews were mixed and the expectation was that it may need to be modified,  or get sent back.  I have to say,  I'm pleasantly surprised.  The main gripe is that the reciever fits loosely in the front of the console,  to the point that it doesn't make contact.  Either hyperkin fixed the problem,  or I just got lucky. Mine is nice and snug.  The d-pad feels like the original nes.  Not too clicky, not too mushy.  No noticeable lag. It's got some rounded butt cheeks on the back and is nice and comfortable to hold. All in all,  a fairly nice controller and decent alternative to the 8bitdo.

20210824_135014.jpg

While they may not be perfect, it seems like if people bag on a Hyperkin Product...I'll buy one and have no issues.

I bought Battle Garegga Rev.2016 on PS4. It was only released physically in Korea, so I unfortunately don't have a physical copy, but trust me, I have the digital version of it. I had never played it before, and it's definitely an interesting game. I don't think I've ever played a shooting game that gets more difficult when you shoot before. I just wish it was on PC, but it isn't.

Edited by Steven Pendleton

3 minutes ago, Keatah said:

Unlike the ecofriendly minimalistic metroboxes of today. Those boxes of yesteryear created excitement and possibilities just by looking at them. You didn't need all the internet noise of today. The box sold the product right then and there.

Wait!,   Are you telling me that sometimes these days, the boxes aren't stunners?

Eb4wYGxXsAAKU59.jpg

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, GoldLeader said:

Wait!,   Are you telling me that sometimes these days, the boxes aren't stunners?

Eb4wYGxXsAAKU59.jpg

I have a game with EXACTLY the same box art on the PSP! No way~ It must be the exact same game because they wouldn't have the same box art otherwise! Everyone knows that same box art = same game, even if it's totally different. I have never played the PS2 version, so I wonder how good the port is!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 8/27/2021 at 8:26 AM, 4300 said:

I've never had an issue with anything Hyperkin I've owned. I really don't understand the hate.

I destroyed one of their PS2 controllers, but I'll admit it worked well until my dumb ass decided to play Decathalon on the Activision Anthology.

Turns out, that game isn't just bad for CX-40's, lol.

Wife picked this up for me this morning, the Mario Party 3/N64-"Bin Store", I guess it's returns from Amazon or something, you pay 7$ and get whatever you can fit in your bag.

Isn't tracked where I submit scores, but I DO have a couple "Mario Shelves", so it'll have a nice home.

Jaw dropped when Wife told me what it was "worth" when she looked it up-I don't care/put much stock in that, but still seems like a pretty lucky find!!!

mp64.jpg

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Rogerpoco said:

Jaw dropped when Wife told me what it was "worth" when she looked it up-I don't care/put much stock in that, but still seems like a pretty lucky find!!!

Everything for N64 has been ridiculously priced for a while, now.

But whatever that "Bin Store" is, sounds pretty sweet.

34 minutes ago, Steven Pendleton said:

What are the ones labelled SUPER MARIO BROS and DONKEY KONG?

Probably All-Stars and DKC.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1