IGNORED

What did you buy today?.........

evilevoix

I purchased a new to me Sony Trinitron CRT P992, and finally received my Heavy Sixer back from being Component modded with Tim Worthingtons RGB mod. I also purchased a GBS control to hook it up to my monitor with. 
  It’s great to see the VCS hooked up to a proper Computer CRT.  It looks great at 1280x720.  I used WinDAS to lower the G2 brightness to return to those inky blacks I remember.  I’ll have to take some pictures in a darker room to show this better.

2CA7F7AF-5092-40F4-80D5-9B655B432CBD.jpeg

06769193-76B1-4C83-B24A-0A5562C60831.jpeg

152AF64C-7D29-4159-8E8D-40DAC682AE9A.jpeg

77BE0063-CCE4-4101-B465-C1332A67D680.jpeg

• Like 7

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/25/2022 at 6:31 PM, adamchevy said:

I purchased a new to me Sony Trinitron CRT P992, and finally received my Heavy Sixer back from being Component modded with Tim Worthingtons RGB mod. I also purchased a GBS control to hook it up to my monitor with. 
  It’s great to see the VCS hooked up to a proper Computer CRT.  It looks great at 1280x720.  I used WinDAS to lower the G2 brightness to return to those inky blacks I remember.  I’ll have to take some pictures in a darker room to show this better.

Sophisticated! The gymnastics we go through to get it just right.

• Like 3

On 11/23/2022 at 3:33 PM, ClassicGMR said:

M07280_Product-min__58680.1643155748.jpg

Generic picture but I found one for $30 under retail. I was very happy about getting this one back in the collection. Now what to do with my Harmony cart... Maybe next year's Secret Santa? ;)

Awesome!  As for Harmony,...Well, I'd def keep both!   Lots of homebrews and some stuff the Mighty R77 won't play.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, GoldLeader said:

Awesome!  As for Harmony,...Well, I'd def keep both!   Lots of homebrews and some stuff the Mighty R77 won't play.

I would not call it mighty at all. It won't run MOST homebrew games unless they are 4K and maybe 8K. It absolutely will not run any Melody-based games. 

..Al

• Like 3

Well I got it last night and even if she's not mighty - or even flex worthy - she's good enough for me! :D

I'll keep the Harmony for other stuff but, honestly, I can't remember the last time I tried a homebrew. I should look into that! (Also my 2600 6-switch has a bad power jack so that started this whole Retron77 thing.)

Edited by ClassicGMR
  • Like 1