IGNORED

What did you buy today?.........

evilevoix

16 minutes ago, ClassicGMR said:

Holy Hell yes...

Before, they would only send you offers if you put something in your watch list, but recently I've gotten quite a few offers for things I'm not watching.

It's gonna get me in trouble.

The other one was an auction I bid on, figuring I'd be outbid easily... ¬_¬ Whoops!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Dopy25 said:

Got this in December and got the caps/voltage regulator chip earlier this month. 

Nice!!!  Welcome to the club! (Or did you have one already?). This is one of my favorite systems, if not my favorite. The homebrews that have become available are simply amazing.

Hmmm. I've never recapped mine. Is this a thing for this system?  I just had this done to a Game Gear and a 32x that were both non-working from bad caps.  Is a non-recapped Jaguar a time bomb?

• Like 2

8 hours ago, CaptainBreakout said:

Nice!!!  Welcome to the club! (Or did you have one already?). This is one of my favorite systems, if not my favorite. The homebrews that have become available are simply amazing.

Hmmm. I've never recapped mine. Is this a thing for this system?  I just had this done to a Game Gear and a 32x that were both non-working from bad caps.  Is a non-recapped Jaguar a time bomb?

Thanks!

It's absolutely a new one for me. I've always wanted one though. 

When the wrong PSU is used, it blows 2 chips and 2 caps for sure. I didn't have a game to test at first so I just recapped the whole thing while I waited. I figured it was worth doing since 2 were absolutely toast. I thought maybe the rest had a chance to fail due to that overload. I haven't looked around enough to see anything about them being the only reason the console won't boot though. 

Edited by Dopy25
  • Like 1

On 1/18/2023 at 9:23 AM, Asaki said:

...and there's another set coming in the mail >_< eBay's new feature where sellers can make you an offer just for looking at their listing is pretty dangerous.

...aaaaaaand here it is: now I have enough milkcaps to last me a lifetime or two @_@

An almost complete set of Pogpourri Series I, just missing #56 and #65 (coincidence?).

324252458_750152576121736_74432684300320

4 hours ago, 4300 said:

Same. I pre-ordered it so long ago, I completely forgot about it. 

What're your thoughts on it? I haven't paired it yet, but out of the box... Feels kinda meh. 

20230123_151745.jpg

I have not used it yet.  Mine feels fine int he hand.  It has decent heft. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Package arrived from Japan today, yay.

My highlight is definitely Dracula Battle Perfect Selection. Finally got the last one of the Konami hard rock albums by Naoto Shibata.

Heavenly Symphony was a recent discovery, a great jazzy/fusion rock soundtrack for a 1993 SegaCD F1 game.

For Super Famicom, a couple of average shooters, a breakout clone, a 2017 cart release of a Satellaview exclusive Kaizou Choujin Shubibinman Zero and the awesome disaster survival game Septentrion (I have the US release, but this came with a gorgeous foldout map, so had to have it).

For Gamecube, Shinseiki GPX Cyber Formula was probably the last jpn-exclusive that I'm planning to get (basically F-Zero but with futuristic F1 cars). Drill Land was a second copy for sale.

IMG_20230208_095830.thumb.jpg.ad559fc50a8a041f02576a5468e62ab1.jpg

• Like 2

The last two games I bought last year: first is a Hishouzame arcade PCB

Pic_0208_224.thumb.jpg.6b15fda4a0801859ac991e0ff90057ff.jpg

I got it signed by designer/programmer/composer Uemura Tatsuya, designer/programmer/composer Yuge Masahiro, and artist Iwabuchi Koetsu. I think that there is maybe only one other person who worked on this game, so that's almost the entire development team.

The last game I bought last year: Out Zone arcade PCB

Pic_0208_225.thumb.jpg.ec559965cb6d3546669cdf268423e764.jpg

Signed by designer/programmer/composer Uemura Tatsuya and Toaplan's art goddess Hayashi Miho, who Uemura-san said is one of the two best artists to ever work at Toaplan. She did the amazing title screen for this game along with many of the game's other art assets

Edited by Steven Pendleton
  • Like 2

I bought 2 of these. One for me and one for my wife. They're pretty freaking awesome controllers. 

PXL_20230210_133134989.thumb.jpg.f993ab9173f3464cd84ab7bc90d31ad9.jpg

My son and I went to the swap meet last weekend and I saw a guy selling a Wii and an Xbox 360 slim. He wanted 15 for the Wii and 10 for the 360. I decided against it until he said "take em both for $10" so I did. They both work, but are dusty. 

PXL_20230210_133141106.jpg

• Like 3

Until last fall I hadn’t bought or otherwise acquired anything for my video game collection in at least 10 years, probably more. It happened, ironically, as I was trying to get rid of stuff. I brought a Dreamcast and games to a local game store and traded them in for Mario Kart Double Dash for the GameCube and  an Atari 2600 system. The last 2600 I had belonged to my ex-wife so I was very happy to get one again.

That inspired me to return to this forum, which led to me acquiring some more Atari stuff, mostly in an attempt to CIB some of my loose games. Thanks to @INTVCruise, @Zeptari, and @Atari_Bill for these:

37CDB034-59A9-4AF5-8618-0FC26415165D.thumb.jpeg.e1f8fc970a79718407880e6546f8f8dd.jpeg

Most recently I acquired these boxes and manuals in a trade with @robbievgb:

AFEB194B-0253-4782-B844-DC76E3A4A48A.jpeg

Edited by Keir
formatting
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1