IGNORED

What did you buy today?.........

evilevoix

Got my first two issues of Odyssey Adventure magazine!
IMG_2558.jpg

I love the artwork on these. The Killer Bees issue looks to have a bit of liquid damage but no rips or anything. I think I did pretty well on them too, it was $33 for the two of them, and the lot also included some other coleco/parker brothers manuals and catalogs. Just need the other 5 issues now!

Edited by EdgeOfPortal
  • Like 4

5 hours ago, EdgeOfPortal said:

IMG_2558.jpg

I love the artwork on these. The Killer Bees issue looks to have a bit of liquid damage but no rips or anything. I think I did pretty well on them too, it was $33 for the two of them, and the lot also included some other coleco/parker brothers manuals and catalogs. Just need the other 5 issues now!

The issue with Turtles on the cover is a BEAR to find!  Took me years to get that one. 

• Like 3

Got four CGE t-shirts. The 1999 one was expensive,$45, $10 each the rest.

Also got a Digital Press t-shirt for $20. I found a corner of E-bay where all the shirts were listed.

Spike's Peak by Xonox for $140, the last single ender loose cart I needed, so had to pay that amount to just be done with it, plus only seen a good copy of the game listed about three times in ten years.

Rally Racer $94, missed getting things from Brazil, so found it on Evil-Pay.

Death Race/Dawn of the Dead double-ender repro $110. Now have seven carts like this with various games. I believe CPU-WIZ was the first to make these, way back when I had no grey hair.

Sears Football text label,49-75114 CIB ,matching numbers. A lot of the Sears stuff on Ebay do not have the matching numbers(cart,manual,box) so finding Sears stuff is not easy.

Codebreaker picture label CIB, don't know why I did not have this?

Berzerk 1987 red box, the USA english only version, still an international five language version out there. Still looking for 1985 for any of the Atari Corp releases.(seem to be the rarest year)

Also got this years first order of last years loose games and manuals from Atari Age. Thanks Albert. Second order will be all the new boxed games, and the demo carts.

• Like 2

On 3/23/2023 at 12:24 PM, EdgeOfPortal said:

IMG_2558.jpg

Just found out that I do not have the copy of spring 1983 killer bees with "your free copy" on the cover as pictured. Here I thought I was done with it....

• 2 weeks later...
30 minutes ago, DragonGrafx-16 said:

20230408_183805.thumb.jpg.ac9499a025ed6b489d923ce43747cc6e.jpg

Picked up some 2600 games I didn't have, yesterday. My first time seeing a ue label Activision/Imagic cartridge... also Bugs is incomprehensibly bad.

I like Worm War I. If you have a buddy, you can try the co-op/competitive options. Blue label Activision carts pop-up from time to time at one of our local shops. I purchased a blue label and white label Space Shuttle that way.

• Like 1

I've owned a Sears Video Arcade II for years, but have used it with more common controllers. 

I found a working Sears controller on eBay for a reasonable price and ordered it.

It arrived Thursday and I've tried it with a few games:

- Ergonomically it's comfy to hold, but with one big caveat,

- The 8-way joystick works reasonably well, about the same as a stock Atari joystick.

- The paddle function actually works great, and easily as good or better than a stock Atari paddle. 

It works very well for a game like Kaboom!

- The caveat - the fire buttons are in a terrible location and don't work too well.

To play a shooter that requires a lot of fire button action is awful.

SVAcontroller.jpg

• Like 4

I bought this yesterday... 

Screenshot_20230410-121110.thumb.png.1e815b955073a73f7a2a715828c2ff50.png

I finally bought a total trash game!  My collection has been devoid of one since I gave away my boxed copy of Custer's Revenge on the first AA Secret Santa I participated in. 

Nothing could be as bad taste as Custer's. But this one isn't that much better. Somewhat soft core nudity, but the effort and time commitment to see any of it is kinda ridiculous.

And the gameplay is arguably worse then Custer's! That is a feat in itself. It's just Paper Rock Scissors. At least it's not anywhere near as offensive a premise.

Anyways, I like the odd stuff and I've always wanted to see a Sachen cart on the shelf.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, ls650 said:

I've owned a Sears Video Arcade II for years, but have used it with more common controllers. 

I found a working Sears controller on eBay for a reasonable price and ordered it.

It arrived Thursday and I've tried it with a few games:

- Ergonomically it's comfy to hold, but with one big caveat,

- The 8-way joystick works reasonably well, about the same as a stock Atari joystick.

- The paddle function actually works great, and easily as good or better than a stock Atari paddle. 

It works very well for a game like Kaboom!

- The caveat - the fire buttons are in a terrible location and don't work too well.

To play a shooter that requires a lot of fire button action is awful.

SVAcontroller.jpg

Pretty Spot-On assessment!

I've had one for a long time and as I recall, 1 of my controllers is Perfect, and 1 is not, but still works.  I used to toy with the idea of finding a nice replacement controller,  but never acted on it...I just usually use other controllers (like My Edladdin) anyway...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, GoldLeader said:

I used to toy with the idea of finding a nice replacement controller,  but never acted on it...I just usually use other controllers (like My Edladdin) anyway...

Best Electronics sells them. My Video Arcade II came with two excellent controllers, but I purchased another set from Best, so I could have four.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, sramirez2008 said:

Best Electronics sells them. My Video Arcade II came with two excellent controllers, but I purchased another set from Best, so I could have four.

That is Totally where I was gonna buy one! haha...Now I see there is a limit of one.  I may place an order and get some of those upgraded paddles too!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GoldLeader said:

Now I see there is a limit of one. 

Yeah…he’s running out of inventory and once it’s gone, it’s gone. I didn’t realize 2 yrs had passed since I purchased my pair. 

I ordered one of the 2800 controllers because I have a 2800 on the way.🙃

• Like 2

Went to a new thrift store that opened in an old Benny's in my town. Pretty nice BUT ... wow ... their clothing, jewelry and video game electronics are HUGELY overpriced. $60 for an AlienWare mouse. $50 for an XBox controller. $10 for XBox 360 sports titles... the clothes were so close to retail price there may as well not have been any difference.

Everything else was really good though. My wife picked up some Christmas village pieces for $3 each, their PC and electronic stuff was really cheap, the housewares items were very reasonable and they had quite a bit of crafts items.

I didn't do too bad at all. I bought the Mario Kart N64 Matchbox set for $2, the K400 keyboard was $4 and the Man Cave sign was $3. Spent $10 with tax. I love my K400 and have had it for 10 years. I couldn't pass up another one at that price. Includes the dongle and works great.

image0.jpeg

• Like 3

10 hours ago, sramirez2008 said:

Yeah…he’s running out of inventory and once it’s gone, it’s gone. I didn’t realize 2 yrs had passed since I purchased my pair. 

I ordered one of the 2800 controllers because I have a 2800 on the way.🙃

A 2800 WOW!!!

The thing there is,,.,For me (personally) I'd like (notice "Like" not "LOVE" if I may drunknely err drunkenly,  classify a distinction)  to own one, ...But...The 2800 is too much, and not just price (ha!_)  ...It'd be like wanting a '69 Charger 500, but wanting to customize it (and seeing the purists have a heart attack),..It'd be like owning a MIB Darth Vader action figure from 1977 and tearing it out of the box to play with it,...Because I'd have to put, or pay someone to put an A/V S-Video mod onto something that's RF!   And well,  my Sears Video Arcade II has that so I'm good! 

But Anyway (as I may have to live vicariously through you on this one (or other AtariAgers))..I look forward to your posts about it!!!...I assume you'll put one here and maybe in the 2800 Registry thread. ---->  I don't know what that thread is called and I'm way too lazy right now to look for it hahahaaaa...

• Like 3

15 hours ago, GoldLeader said:

The 2800 is too much, and not just price (ha!_)  ...It'd be like wanting a '69 Charger 500, but wanting to customize it (and seeing the purists have a heart attack)

There are a few on ebay with asking prices north of $400 but this one was no where near that price and it comes from a Seller that I've purchased from before. The console and joysticks appear to be in near mint shape (based on the provided pics). I don't plan on modifying it, but will certainly use it from time to time. I'll post a couple of pics when it arrives. This is it for consoles for me. This and the Vectrex were the last consoles I wanted to add to my collection. 

SW.jpg

• Like 3

Picked up this lot for $130 on Mercari based on the pic below which I thought might look like a Swordquest Waterworld. Took a gamble.  Thought it’s a lot of stuff anyway…
8B53A78A-2EC8-4E45-B77F-FCFAC085D054.thumb.jpeg.a473102fac375b3818bb1c9067d83856.jpeg

Got it today.

55377BC2-C1F8-42D2-88D6-D8D2F8985BA7.thumb.jpeg.23666cfa892668997902131d0296449e.jpegC169EF89-C3EF-4F46-B080-76DA98A21AEA.thumb.jpeg.92351cc7dd6b74d4c89db8997dc2f520.jpeg4102C361-F132-4932-95AE-E2491FB066D1.thumb.jpeg.fc5640d9d6fd766609ed280e47f070bb.jpeg

Damned if I wasn’t right!  A few other decent titles amongst everything, but mostly filler that I’ll be looking to resell.  

Edited by Atari_Bill
  • Like 5

I really like the 2600 Activision shooter Spider Fighter.  I recently got a coupon to use at the web site vistaprint.ca - you can upload pics and get them printer on T-shirts, mugs, keychains, etc.

I uploaded a couple of pics of the box for Spider Fighter  and had a mug made with the pics.

Turned out alright, but the back picture has quite tiny text that is just barely readable.

Mug1.JPG

Mug2.JPG

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Atari_Bill said:

Picked up this lot for $130 on Mercari based on the pic below which I thought might look like a Swordquest Waterworld. Took a gamble.  Thought it’s a lot of stuff anyway…
8B53A78A-2EC8-4E45-B77F-FCFAC085D054.thumb.jpeg.a473102fac375b3818bb1c9067d83856.jpeg

Got it today.

55377BC2-C1F8-42D2-88D6-D8D2F8985BA7.thumb.jpeg.23666cfa892668997902131d0296449e.jpegC169EF89-C3EF-4F46-B080-76DA98A21AEA.thumb.jpeg.92351cc7dd6b74d4c89db8997dc2f520.jpeg4102C361-F132-4932-95AE-E2491FB066D1.thumb.jpeg.fc5640d9d6fd766609ed280e47f070bb.jpeg

Damned if I wasn’t right!  A few other decent titles amongst everything, but mostly filler that I’ll be looking to resell.  

What's the game that says Mirco Fun on it. It looks like a Colecovision game based on the board connector and the shape of the shell. Also, what's a 2600 game lot without at least one Colecovision game?

11 minutes ago, DragonGrafx-16 said:

What's the game that says Mirco Fun on it. It looks like a Colecovision game based on the board connector and the shape of the shell. Also, what's a 2600 game lot without at least one Colecovision game?

Yeah there were a couple Colecovision games in the lot too. Miner 2049er and It’s Only Rock & Roll from Xonox. 

• Like 1