IGNORED

What did you buy today?.........

evilevoix

1 hour ago, DragonGrafx-16 said:

Stores that put the price sticker right on the label are evil.

Meh. It's not so bad. Us oldsters who collect this stuff need to build up a magazine of solvents to deploy.

Get yourself some Tea Tree Oil, available at any REAL health food store. Removes nearly any adhesive and wipes away clean without penetrating most glossy coatings. Also removes sharpie like magic.

Use gingerly. Also eucalyptus oil is similar but not as strong.

Nothing beats sssssllloooowwwlllyyy peeling the sticker with monk-like patience and surgical tactile feedback.  Imagine Yoda on your back whilst you do it. "The glue wants to stay on the sticker" is the mantra.

Then there are the nuclear options... Namely Mess Master, MEK, and Testor's Enamel Paint Thinner. Accept no substitutes.

Enough of my secrets!!! Away with you!!!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, ClassicGMR said:

Saved this from the cardboard baler at work this week. 😊

Ha!  That's life imitating art right there!  You saved Mario from being crushed by an unstoppable wall... In real life!

Well done, Player.

Edited by CaptainBreakout
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

I got a CIB copy of Atari 2600 RS Soccer.(not the football/soccer version)I was putting silver label boxed games away and realized This one was missing, and got lucky there was one on e(vil)pay. $18

Activision Hockey, blue label late release CIB $40

Some loose carts; Space Invaders red text $10, Indy 500 orange text(not UV faded), Adventure gold text(again not UV faded) $22, Jr Pac-Man 1987 $35

Seems like some of the red text label games are PAL/Australian only? I have given up on some of them. Just dealing with 2600 USA releases is enough of a hassle.

Sears Canyon Bomber CIB the picture label one (numbers matching) $32, now I do not have a loose cart copy, it is in the box.

Sears Race CIB the picture label one (the big box and controllers) $118

MS Pac-Man CIB 1985(very rare year) $180 , a bit much in price, but the cheaper items listed here make up for it.

Stargate CIB 1985 (again , rare year) $48

And stuff from Repentless Video games on Etsy, I miss stuff here all the time because of low production numbers. Some days I check here three times and still miss items.

• Like 3

Nice!  I've been using the JagBT and happy to say it works with both my 8bitdo M30 and my Retrobit 8-button Bluetooth Genesis controller!

Really happy with it.  I think you'll like it.  Humble Bazooka's stuff is really nice.

I just thought I should post something kinda silly. Recently I bought this (just used it for the first time today)...

IMG_20230430_120925899.thumb.jpg.c7acd586607748fadc19339ecd8eb067.jpg

It's a genuine Zircon stud-finder ! $3.00 at the local thrift.  I know this is only vaguely gaming related... But it kinda is. Zircon bought the rights to the Fairchild VES and re-released it as the Channel F by Zircon!  This was their original product... The stud finder!  And it even kinda feels like a Channel F.

Still works too! A nine volt battery and the thing switched right on. It did it's first job for me since Im putting in a new shelf in the bathroom.   I'm waiting for the paint to dry, so I thought I'd write this.  :)

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I’m up in New Hampshire this week for vacation. It’s usually a boring, relaxing week which is how we like these weeks. We do projects, play games, watch tv. Be boring old people. 😊

Today my wife handed me a PiStation I had been eyeing on Amazon for a while now. (Drooling over really)

It’s RetroPie so no problem getting that running. I set it up but had to spend a few hours to get the stupid thing to go full screen. Out of the box it was only using about 75% of the screen due to a black border being displayed. Underscan and resolution fixed it.

The screen size is my biggest drawback here. I wouldn’t try to play anything I’d have to read so RPGs are out. Still a very nice case even without the screen.

161CD4C9-0DEF-42F3-B467-7D8240EBC453.jpeg

16AB4D15-F1EB-4F05-AC9A-98BBB49CEFAF.jpeg

905496D7-0482-4A01-B6DD-9CB0151FA8B4.jpeg

• Like 4

On 4/30/2023 at 1:21 PM, CaptainBreakout said:

Nice!  I've been using the JagBT and happy to say it works with both my 8bitdo M30 and my Retrobit 8-button Bluetooth Genesis controller!

Really happy with it.  I think you'll like it.  Humble Bazooka's stuff is really nice.

I just thought I should post something kinda silly. Recently I bought this (just used it for the first time today)...

IMG_20230430_120925899.thumb.jpg.c7acd586607748fadc19339ecd8eb067.jpg

It's a genuine Zircon stud-finder ! $3.00 at the local thrift.  I know this is only vaguely gaming related... But it kinda is. Zircon bought the rights to the Fairchild VES and re-released it as the Channel F by Zircon!  This was their original product... The stud finder!  And it even kinda feels like a Channel F.

Still works too! A nine volt battery and the thing switched right on. It did it's first job for me since Im putting in a new shelf in the bathroom.   I'm waiting for the paint to dry, so I thought I'd write this.  :)

I was kinda hoping you'd make the joke...

**something like this**

I put batteries in the StudFinder and pointed it at myself...Thing lit up like a Christmas tree!!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

On 5/1/2023 at 6:23 AM, ClassicGMR said:

I sold a bunch of PS2 games I had in storage for the last 3 years. Turned that around and got a very good deal on an Intel NucBox at $115 shipped from Reddit.

Very nicely done. These are really the way home computing is going nowadays. Little modules of compute power, put them where you need them. No need for those big-oxen BeigeBoxes and derivatives (except for gamers and special use situations). They're so easy to move around the house. And of course they run the much-vaunted Windows OS'es - which everyone on the planet is familiar with.

On 5/6/2023 at 2:34 PM, GoldLeader said:

I was kinda hoping you'd make the joke...

**something like this**

I put batteries in the StudFinder and pointed it at myself...Thing lit up like a Christmas tree!!

Thank you for being right there with that, and I think you phrased it better then I could.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

So I did something crazy and call the Nintendo Warranty number this evening.

It was in the manual for New Super Mario Bros Wii.   I discovered my game disc won't work.

Well... Turns out Nintendo of America doesn't keep back stock of 15 year old games. So I was out of luck.  No replacement disc for me.

Since my kids are at the perfect age for Wii, and my son in particular likes multiplayer platformers... And this game is the definitive multi player platformer...  I plugged down $21 on etothebay for "Disc only... Tested".

So that's kinda exciting.

But then I realized... I only have one Wii controller!

Anyone have any Wii controllers (or other Wii stuff) they'd want to sell cheap?  Please PM me. I'm serious. 😁

• Like 1