IGNORED

What did you buy today?.........

evilevoix

I have been wanting an LED Marquee for my arcade cabinet for a very long time. Trouble is they were always expensive and I have a solid wood header on the cabinet. Not even backlit.

I finally bit the bullet and ordered a cheap LED scrolling marquee from Amazon with this week's allowance. ;) Nice and BRIGHT! Easily programmed. Only ran $39 after taxes.

I'll have to add pictures once I properly hang it and display it in all its glory! :)

• Like 3

On 5/18/2023 at 2:16 PM, ClassicGMR said:

I didn't know 1Up made a T2. I should go check out the line-up again. Though all I really want is a V-Pinball setup.

I'm planning on adding an AtGames Legends pinball table to my game room. In addition to adding tables from their store, you can hook up a PC to play Zen pinball tables on it.

• Like 3

I am so sick of people swooping in after a sale and offering more for a piece that’s already been sold.  I purchased a nice lot last night with something I’ve been after for years.  Today I get a message that someone offered him more after the sale and he’s probably going to do take it.  He did offer me a Ms Pac Man in place of this rarity 9 cartridge though. 🙄  this has happened at least 4 times over the past year where my order is cancelled for the jacka&$ that offers more after the sale.  Sorry, just had to vent since I can’t do much else other than leaving negative feedback. 

• Sad 4

1 minute ago, Atari_Bill said:

I am so sick of people swooping in after a sale and offering more for a piece that’s already been sold.  I purchased a nice lot last night with something I’ve been after for years.  Today I get a message that someone offered him more after the sale and he’s probably going to do take it.  He did offer me a Ms Pac Man in place of this rarity 9 cartridge though. 🙄  this has happened at least 4 times over the past year where my order is cancelled for the jacka&$ that offers more after the sale.  Sorry, just had to vent since I can’t do much else other than leaving negative feedback. 

That sucks. I have never had that happen, yet. Knock on wood. 

My latest problem is sellers not shipping and not responding to messages. 

It's happened twice in a month. I won a legit loose Halloween cart for a little under market value. Shipping label created and never dropped off to USPS. Sent multiple messages got a couple of excuses at first then totally ghosted me. 

Reported to eBay, got my refund and left negative feedback. Then 3 weeks ago won a Demolition Herby standard shell CIB with ALL the paperwork again one bid way under value IMO. Shipping label created and nothing. Sent messages, nothing. Case created with eBay. "They are reaching out to the seller" won't know anything. I am sure another refund is coming and there will be negative feedback. 

Do these sellers think the negative feedback is worth it to possibly hold onto to something and try and relist it? 

I feel your frustration Bill.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 4

1 hour ago, Atari_Bill said:

I believe I have had the same issue as couple times.  I say believe as the sellers have said the item was found damaged or can't find it.  In all these cases I was bidding and the final sale price is well below what others have recently paid.   That's why I think I don't believe what the seller is saying.

Definitely quite annoying especially when your excited to finally purchase the item only to have it quickly pulled away .

10 minutes ago, AtariSphinx said:

I believe I have had the same issue as couple times.  I say believe as the sellers have said the item was found damaged or can't find it.  In all these cases I was bidding and the final sale price is well below what others have recently paid.   That's why I think I don't believe what the seller is saying.

Definitely quite annoying especially when your excited to finally purchase the item only to have it quickly pulled away .

In this case the seller actually admitted what happened.  

16 hours ago, Atari_Bill said:

In this case the seller actually admitted what happened.  

It sucks, but at the end of the day, they're selling stuff to make money. Can't blame them for taking the higher offer. If it's something listed locally, you need to be on your way to pick it up practically as the item is listed, or else bids will start coming in. 

1 hour ago, 4300 said:

It sucks, but at the end of the day, they're selling stuff to make money. Can't blame them for taking the higher offer. If it's something listed locally, you need to be on your way to pick it up practically as the item is listed, or else bids will start coming in. 

I get that, but a person should have the decency to honor your commitment to the sale. That’s a big problem with much of this country today.  No honor to commitments.  Be it debt or anything else, we’ve lost that trait and expect others will fix it for me. 
I actually dont blame the seller nearly as much as the slime that tries to disrupt the sale by offering more.  No respect for people that do that.  If you want to make an offer before the sale, great go to it, but once the sale closes it’s pretty pathetic to try to influence the seller to back out. 

• Like 1

On 5/29/2023 at 10:37 AM, chicgamer said:

I'm planning on adding an AtGames Legends pinball table to my game room. I'm addition to adding tables from their store, you can hook up a PC to play Zen pinball tables on it.

That’s the one I am eyeing as well. Just have to buckle down and save up for it. Not something I’m built for! 🤣

Edited by ClassicGMR
  • Like 2

Hmmm. With my recent purchase on the Red Tent, I was there with the guy personally, and we shook hands on it.

Well, actually he held his hand up to fist bump, technically. But he knew me from way back when so I knew this was a locking move.

I couldn't pick up the thing for a week, so it was a concern. But the fist bump I knew meant something.

I was just reflecting on this with what you guys have had to go through with sellers backing out. It might be worth it to put something in the closing message along the lines of "I'm shaking hands with you (through the internet) on this deal right now... You with me?" ... or words to that effect.

I might even try that myself. If it makes it interesting somehow I'll post it here. I don't do big retro wheelin' n' dealin' often tho so it might be awhile from me. 😁

Edited by CaptainBreakout
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, Atari_Bill said:

I get that, but a person should have the decency to honor your commitment to the sale. That’s a big problem with much of this country today.  No honor to commitments.  Be it debt or anything else, we’ve lost that trait and expect others will fix it for me. 
I actually dont blame the seller nearly as much as the slime that tries to disrupt the sale by offering more.  No respect for people that do that.  If you want to make an offer before the sale, great go to it, but once the sale closes it’s pretty pathetic to try to influence the seller to back out. 

First off,  Are you talking about eBay?  You said Negative feedback so that's what comes to mind.  But if a sale is over,  how would one make a higher offer?  (Just by asking the seller a question?)  Just curious because I've never heard of such a thing.

At any rate,  yes the additional offer guy is slime.  But the seller is also slime!  Hope the seller gets hosed because that wouldn't be covered by eBay then right?  What happened to "A bid is a binding contract"?  They used to Always tell you that.  Is eBay really losing their mind that much these days?  I'm still on there and buy from time to time, including recently,  but I must be missing something.

PS  Sorry that happened to you...

5 hours ago, GoldLeader said:

First off,  Are you talking about eBay?  You said Negative feedback so that's what comes to mind.  But if a sale is over,  how would one make a higher offer?  (Just by asking the seller a question?)  Just curious because I've never heard of such a thing.

At any rate,  yes the additional offer guy is slime.  But the seller is also slime!  Hope the seller gets hosed because that wouldn't be covered by eBay then right?  What happened to "A bid is a binding contract"?  They used to Always tell you that.  Is eBay really losing their mind that much these days?  I'm still on there and buy from time to time, including recently,  but I must be missing something.

PS  Sorry that happened to you...

Actually Mercari, but eBay has the same issues.  After winning an auction (usually a BIN), someone else will contact the seller and offer more for the lot or a single piece. The seller then will cancel the purchase and tell the original buyer something like he lost part of it or it was damaged   All the while turning around and making an off eBay deal with the new buyer.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I've always maintained that eBay is just fine,  if you're dealing with quality buyers and sellers.  It's always just the handful of assholes trying to ruin it for everyone.  Thinking back to the old days, well and now,  I think they need a way to report scammers and eBay needs to kick them off permanently,  And go after quite few of them.  Treat them like the criminals that they are;  get the authorities involved.  Of course the law needs to be stiffened...Then again I think eBay scammers And "porch pirates" ought to have mandatory jail sentences...(How about this ridiculous idea?)  Maybe have them spin a wheel of punishments,  like on Wheel of Fortune but instead of cash,  make it days behind bars...Spin twice, add it up...And instead of "Bankrupt", have "DEATH"!   Don't worry,  you'd have to get it twice in a row...LOL...And YES a Death Penalty for an eBay scammer would bring a smile to my face ;)

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

13 hours ago, GoldLeader said:

I've always maintained that eBay is just fine,  if you're dealing with quality buyers and sellers.  It's always just the handful of assholes trying to ruin it for everyone.  Thinking back to the old days, well and now,  I think they need a way to report scammers and eBay needs to kick them off permanently,  And go after quite few of them.  Treat them like the criminals that they are;  get the authorities involved.  Of course the law needs to be stiffened...Then again I think eBay scammers And "porch pirates" ought to have mandatory jail sentences...(How about this ridiculous idea?)  Maybe have them spin a wheel of punishments,  like on Wheel of Fortune but instead of cash,  make it days behind bars...Spin twice, add it up...And instead of "Bankrupt", have "DEATH"!   Don't worry,  you'd have to get it twice in a row...LOL...And YES a Death Penalty for an eBay scammer would bring a smile to my face ;)

Porch Pirates should be stuffed into a box and randomly shipped around the country (that is happening to some of the items I buy anyway) like it was portrayed in the south park episode that was all about Amazon. And if opening the box kills the Pirate, of well...

• Like 1

On 6/1/2023 at 12:24 PM, 4300 said:

20230601_151901.jpg

That is AWESOME!!!

You got some games for that bad boy?

(I love the flat 4x3 screen on the top... total time warpage)

Wings of Fury! Captain Goodnight! Minit Man! Airheart! (if you got the 128k expansion)... The list goes on!

and on and on...

(Space Change, Drelbs, IO Silver, Aquatron, Lady Tut, Short Circuit, Bruce Lee... and on and and on!)

• Like 4