IGNORED

What did you buy today?.........

evilevoix

17 hours ago, CaptainBreakout said:

That is AWESOME!!!

You got some games for that bad boy?

Not yet. This is my first experience with the II(other than grade school computer lab) , so I'm not even sure yet what the must haves are for it. 

• Like 1

It's allowance day again! I bought a new 8-port HDMI switcher for my setup. The 5-port I have is now is 3 ports short. I added a ThinkCentre PC and a FireStick to the mix in the basement setup as well as adding a few consoles I already had in storage.

* Cable box goes directly into HDMI 1.

* Firestick goes directly into HDMI 2.

* HDMI 3 -> 1. ThinkCentre, 2. XBOX 360, 3. Nintendo Switch, 4. Playstation 2, 5. PS Classic, 6. Nintendo 64, 7. Retron 77 and now I can also add 8. Nintendo Wii.

I love payday. :)

612PVTEm1HL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Edited by ClassicGMR
  • Like 3

On 6/5/2023 at 2:20 PM, 4300 said:

Not yet. This is my first experience with the II(other than grade school computer lab) , so I'm not even sure yet what the must haves are for it. 

Do you even have a floppy drive? o_O

If you have the audio jacks on yours (I don't remember which models do or don't), you can load up tape games, just play the audio straight into them. There's a site that has a bunch of WAV files you can play.
If you do have a floppy drive, there's a program that will take disk images, and play them as audio through the tape input, and write it to a floppy disk for you. It's pretty cool.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, bent_pin said:

@GoldLeader heard you like Dark Chambers

20230607_154215.jpg

I do!

But the one I Always rave about is Dark Cavern!  (Easy mistake there)...

Anyhow I really like Dark Chambers 2600,  but haven't even played my Dark Chambers on 7800 yet.  Why not?  Well mine's sealed (like about 8 other games,  give or take haha)...So maybe I'll leave it sealed and play it on my Dragonfly cart later!

(Oh Dear!  Super Breakout's flipped around again...)  :)

20230607_233314.thumb.jpg.39a50da3b320baf67fa0cb5cc7c9aa0d.jpg

• Like 4

So,

I do have big news for my Atari Room.  Got a new TV!

The old 24" CRT (A Haier) died and I'd had a small 19 inch Westinghouse in there (temporarily)...

Anyway I bought a like new ONN ROKU 32 inch set from a pawn shop (but like brand new...Even had plastic on some of it to still peel off as if I bought it new!)

The set fits in the old school entertainment center... barely! (Thankfully there's a ledge that juts out so the set fits ahead of where it would otherwise be.)  My camera sucks but here's some pics...It looks Fantastic IRL!

71t+TlC2oZL.jpg

20230608_000825.thumb.jpg.4ba4ef45c7b1869ab54fb6885f1bc425.jpg  20230608_001201.thumb.jpg.1d894ee5095f3bd16e0e057d626326c4.jpg 

Nice to see the HDMI labeled Atari huh?  (It's going through a Retro Tink 2X PRO,  though I think I'll get a 5X PRO in the Future)

20230607_233930.thumb.jpg.eaba89dfea259585f4f1cb684c21ed2c.jpg  20230608_003835.thumb.jpg.3c05c293b86755da4a967c637511631f.jpg

^  And here's some Good Ol DARK CAVERN!     Shout out to @bent_pin!

**Note:  (Also blasphemy,  I know)**  This looks a lot better than the CRT did!

• Like 6

On 6/7/2023 at 10:24 AM, Asaki said:

Do you even have a floppy drive? o_O

If you have the audio jacks on yours (I don't remember which models do or don't), you can load up tape games, just play the audio straight into them. There's a site that has a bunch of WAV files you can play.
If you do have a floppy drive, there's a program that will take disk images, and play them as audio through the tape input, and write it to a floppy disk for you. It's pretty cool.

Yes and yes. I'm waiting on an adapter for the disk II, since the control card the computer came with is a 19 connection and the disk drive has a 20 pin connection. 

I actually discovered ascii express earlier in the week and have been playing some games. You're right, that is pretty nifty. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, GoldLeader said:

I do!

But the one I Always rave about is Dark Cavern!  (Easy mistake there)...

Anyhow I really like Dark Chambers 2600,  but haven't even played my Dark Chambers on 7800 yet.  Why not?  Well mine's sealed (like about 8 other games,  give or take haha)...So maybe I'll leave it sealed and play it on my Dragonfly cart later!

(Oh Dear!  Super Breakout's flipped around again...)  :)

20230607_233314.thumb.jpg.39a50da3b320baf67fa0cb5cc7c9aa0d.jpg

Dark Chambers on the 7800 is probably my favorite game for the system. It's worth grabbing a loose cart just to play. 

• Like 2

On 5/29/2023 at 5:44 PM, Atari_Bill said:

I am so sick of people swooping in after a sale and offering more for a piece that’s already been sold.  I purchased a nice lot last night with something I’ve been after for years.  Today I get a message that someone offered him more after the sale and he’s probably going to do take it.  He did offer me a Ms Pac Man in place of this rarity 9 cartridge though. 🙄  this has happened at least 4 times over the past year where my order is cancelled for the jacka&$ that offers more after the sale.  Sorry, just had to vent since I can’t do much else other than leaving negative feedback. 

I guess I should have knocked on wood when I said that this exact thing had never happened to me. I figured out today that it just did. Remember that Demolition Herby that I talked about the seller never shipping?

Well I had a saved search pop up today and as I am looking at this "new offering" I was hit with major dejavu. I think this new seller contacted the seller and offered a littler more than my single winning bid of $100. 

The back of the box pics says it all. Not to mention the fact that it had the t-shirt offer. That was the first hint as I have never seen that in any of my Telesys CIBs. 

This is the one I won and was never dropped off at USPS.

And this is the newly listed one that hit my saved search email today. :mad:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, groundtrooper said:

I guess I should have knocked on wood when I said that this exact thing had never happened to me. I figured out today that it just did. Remember that Demolition Herby that I talked about the seller never shipping?

Well I had a saved search pop up today and as I am looking at this "new offering" I was hit with major dejavu. I think this new seller contacted the seller and offered a littler more than my single winning bid of $100. 

The back of the box pics says it all. Not to mention the fact that it had the t-shirt offer. That was the first hint as I have never seen that in any of my Telesys CIBs. 

This is the one I won and was never dropped off at USPS.

And this is the newly listed one that hit my saved search email today. :mad:

That sucks.  I know it happens more than people realize.  It’s not right.  

You’re correct, there’s no doubt that is the same one.  

Regarding my deal, there’s a little more to it now.  After we went back and forth when he cancelled, I pleaded for him to keep his deal to me.   He ended up offering it to me for what the other guy offered (which was twice what I paid).  I reluctantly agreed because it was something I really wanted, but not crazy about being extorted.  So the deal went through and I should have it.  Currently on a cruise so I can’t see it yet but the package arrived.  Once I got it, I left bad feedback for his practices.  He of course got p#$sed, but those kind of practices need to be reported.  

Edited by Atari_Bill
  • Like 2