IGNORED

P R O ( C ) A T A R I Fanzine - Issue #4 in English

powersoft

Atari maniacs...

this is Markus with some great news for the moment:

We are close to finish Issue #4 translation fo english edition.

Out incredible Steve just needs one text more to do, I need to do the layout for this and print the fanzine.

So I will say it is available approx January, 20th 2015

One year now passes by and we got the fourth issue now.

Within this year we get the world biggest Atari 8bit only printed magazine with the support of you all maniacs - THANKS FOR THIS!

Again we start with a nice exclusive cover drawn by mighty KAZ and offer you nice texts for Atari 8bit related stuff and things we released to support the nice magazine...

So please find great stories for:

Tronimal - Intergalactic Nomad (Gameboys-musician)

Boxed Game: Caveblaster+

Boxed Games: Thetris / Rolltris

Line Runner

Jaskiniowiec

BC's Quest For Tires

Into Deep!

Twenty Fourty Eight

Shamus

Oils Well

Bilbo

Lorien's Tomb

Magazine Disk

Kult

Captain Gather

and more...

The magazine is available for Euro 5,00 (World airmail postage included)

Please pre-order and send your PayPal payment to 8bit@proc-atari.de

Still available:

Issue #1 in german or english

Issue #2 in german or english

Issue #3 in german or english

Also the following Boxed-Games Editions we got still available:

Each is limited to 50 units in big box with exclusive drawn cover artwork, manual, 5.25" Disk, Download-Link, Manual, custom styled Disk-Envelopes:

Caveblaster+ Euro 15,00

Ransack Euro 15,00

Thetris / Rolltris Euro 18,00

(if you order a boxed game plus the magazine there is additional postage of Euro 3,00 to cover the post service)

If there are questions please feel free to get in touch with me at

8bit@proc-atari.de

Thanks for your support!

Cheers

Markus

post-38004-0-54442000-1421528560_thumb.jpg

• Like 5

hey buddies...

today I was with my music company on a market in luxemburg and back in germany now!

I will finish the english edition asap and make it ready available.

there are many pre-orders now - maybe I will try now to make a step forward.

so we can make shipments tuesday hopefully for already paid issues ;)

• Like 1

hallo dan,

yes 95% is atari 400/800/xl/xe - for this reason it is also written on the cover.

for me it is important to have an "old" feeling with the magazine and our beloved computer.

we got lots of readers out of console area whom just like the idea and read and support the mag.

if there are questions, let me know.

cheers

markus

My missus has just bought an iPad and last night she said to me, "Go on, you can put an app on there". So I put 2048 onto it!

As for Bilbo, I think it depends on what years you were active on the Atari. I joined in around 1988 and was only exposed to budget cassettes.

I never saw Bilbo back in the day, but I have seen similar games to Bilbo on MAME since.

What I like is that you introduce us to "new" games. We all probably have 5000 games in our collection but no time to test them all. You are reviewing the best games for us.

Some games I might load and if I play them once, don't know how to play them and they have bad graphics, I won't play them again. But they might be a really good game if I had spent enough time to play the game. Who else gives up like this if you don't understand the game the first time? This is something that wouldn't have happened in the 80s where you buy one game per week.

Some games I might load and if I play them once, don't know how to play them and they have bad graphics, I won't play them again. But they might be a really good game if I had spent enough time to play the game. Who else gives up like this if you don't understand the game the first time? This is something that wouldn't have happened in the 80s where you buy one game per week.

We never had "cheap" games in North America. Stores just stopped stocking Atari 8-bit games over here. When we bought a game, we usually played it A LOT. But definitely games we got on pirate disks, especially from overseas, you'd have no idea how to play, sometimes they wouldn't even work properly on our computers due to VBI time, or whatever else. So yea, I've booted a few games, looked at it and said... nah, I'll go back to U4, or MULE. :)

We never had "cheap" games in North America. Stores just stopped stocking Atari 8-bit games

How did you feel when they stopped stocking them? I remember when the A8 games disappeared in the UK, I felt like the world had dropped out from underneath me. Prior to that I had been saving my money each week for a game and now I couldn't buy them. So I started purchasing them from New Atari User, but I spent a fortune on postage and postal orders for those.

I ended up saving up for a 1050 in the end as a lot of the games on sale were on disk. It took me quite a while to get £100 together as a child but opened me up to a whole load of new software.

For me it was cool in Germany in the "golden" Atari Age...

Sadly the Atari was eveerytime behind commodore and many others.

But you had possibillity to get at the bigger warehouses games.

I was in school and do not have that much money, so my decission was to buy the budget tapes for usually 10-12 german marks (which will be approx 6 euro)

and the disk games costs 35-50 german marks, so I get to birthday or x-mas one (like mercenary)...

but it was cool to "grab" the things before you bought...

so this was my highlight at mother's shopping trip ;)

she knew she can put me at computer part of the warehouse and pick me up later again, hehe...

When I first lived in Germany, there was a "rule" that everything cost 5DM!

I will use the "kebab" as a universal currency.

So I would say that a cassette tape was around 2 to 2.5 kebabs in cost.

I guess that a kebab in the UK cost maybe (it was before my kebab eating time) maybe around 0.5 games.

It definitely cost more in Germany.

I remember buying a bottle of wine for 50pf in 1998.

@steve, haha... things changed very much - so it is getting also harder in germany. a kebap meanwhile euro 3,50 regulary here on the landscapes where I live - in big towns like berlin etc I guess it will be euro 2,50 (still 5DM), haha

it will also for interest: which magazines an atari maniac reading these times back and which are nowadays?

for me personally:

that times: amc-soft, abbuc magazine, user-mag, atari magazine, zong, sometimes antic (it was really expensive here) and sure my own ones like syzygy and pd-mag (different one than that released by power per post) and 8bit-mag

these times: abbuc magazine, return, retro, atari user, wasd

€3.50???? A rip-off!

There is a war in Australia. A lot of the pizza companies were charging AU$20 or more for a pizza ( ~£10/€13/US$16) and now Pizza Hut is charging $4.95 for a pizza. I use pizza prices as my currency in Australia.

Anyway, I read Pro© Atari, ABBUC and Return (thanks to you). Germany is contributing a lot to the Atari scene at the moment. This is something to be proud of.

I wish that the scene was good as it currently is when I was living there, 98-99 and 00-03.

When I was there, I spent too much time worshipping kebabs and beer. If I could have worshipped Atari more...! :)

• Like 1

Steve,beginning of the 90ies we got the ARGS (Abbuc Regional Group Stuttgart) and met us four times a year - it was a great time!

but the be honest, these times you were here (and this nothing upon you, haha) the scene was dead.

it is just the past years growing again but in my oppinion the honour must go to czech republiuc for deserving great new games in a row.

and now a lot of people more coming and doing more for the atari again...

but at the end: the scene is one - all for one and one for all.

so there are some people doing and some poeple supporting.

but also some just using, this must change a bit.

for example:

to hold the price for the magazine we should sell 200 items per year (mixed titels) from our releases next to the magazine.

at the moment we are at approx. 50, so this must change...

but we will se what 2015 bringes to us...

we must keep the scene alive and we can join our atari hobby for years...

We got so great contribution's for issue #5 already - this will be a really killer.

But meanwhile please check out issue #4 - both versions german and english are available.

Hi Markus, I've just sent you an article for the next issue of Pro© - I noticed you wrote just about everything in issue 4 yourself (which I'm enjoying).

Might be worth reminding people you are looking for submissions and about anything Atari 8bit? Perhaps give some ideas too?

I'd love to see Pro© expanded :)

• Like 1

I have interviews out with a few A8 coders on behalf of Marcus, hopefully he has'nt featured them before and he's using one of my older interviews, only trouble is, as i explained elsewhere, for many coders in UK, who even worked on just the single A8 game, it was so long ago they simply cannot recal much on the work they carried out, which does'nt make for an interesting interview.

Mind you trying to find UK A8 Commercial coders who have'nt moved abroad or dissapeared or those involved in distrubution of A8 software (cue the Adam Caveman thread and fact trail goes stone cold), let alone those that have'nt been interviewd in Pro-Atari (Marcus-i STILL need you to let me know just who you've featured before me old China...) is a job in itself.

Took a lot of searching and a big stroke of luck to find John Croudy, let alone those i spoke to for other publications.