IGNORED

Expansion Module 2 : how to code with it ?

alekmaul

Hello,

All is explain in the title,

I want to make a Homebrew compatible with Expansion module 2 and need to know how to program it

Does someone (one of the Burn Rubber hombrew programmers for example ;) ) can help me to understand how to access this module.?

Thanks for futur help !

• Like 1

I think , there is one version of Daniel library that include the necessary to get input from Turbo module.

I should have it somewhere, i'll try to find. but Never find to time test it , yet.

My question is more, is there an emulator that simulate the module (with mouse for instance)?.

the interresting part, is that sentence :

This hack is about replacing calls to $1FEB ( aka POLLER routine ) by appropriate routines that makes the calls but also override the resulting values $7014-$701F to simulate the effect of the steering wheel movements by the LEFT and RIGHT of joystick port #1, the move forward and backward also possible with joystick port #1, and making the secondary fire button on port #1 acting like a keypress on port #2.

:)

My question is more, is there an emulator that simulate the module (with mouse for instance)?.

All versions of ADAMem (DOS, SDL, Virtual ADAM) as well as ColEM support the different Coleco controllers completely via a mouse, gamepad or keyboard. I haven't tried MESS or BlueMSX with the different controllers selected, so don;t know how well they work... I don't use emulation much anymore since I have all the real hardware.

Here is the command line options for ADAMem and Virtual ADAM simplifies things considerably with it's GUI:

-expansion <mode> - Select expansion module emulation [0]

0 - Do not emulate expansion modules

1 - Emulate a roller controller with the mouse. Use your mouse buttons to press one of the first two roller controller buttons, use the ctrl and alt keys to press one of the

second roller controller buttons

2 - Emulate a roller controller with an analogue joystick

3 - Emulate a driving module with an analogue joystick. Move your joystick forward to press the accelerator pedal, move your joystick to left or to the right to move the steering wheel, use the cursor keys or the joystick buttons to move the control stick

4 - Emulate a driving module with a mouse. Press a mouse button to press the accelerator pedal, use the cursor keys to move the control stick

5 - Emulate a super controller speed roller on both ports with a mouse. The third and fourth firing buttons of the super action controllers are always emulated.

6 - Emulate a speed roller on port 1 with a mouse

7 - Emulate a speed roller on port 2 with a mouse

• Like 1

thanks a lot NIAD , it is good to know!. Until know i used exclusivly BlueMSX , when i start to develop GnZ 6 years ago, i used colem , but , at least the version i had, was not enough accurate , lot of things worked on the emulator and not on the console or BlueMSX.

But i will check that one for my Outrun project , at least for the controller part!