IGNORED

New homebrew boxes

goldenrod

Is there a template(s) for the Colecovision boxes? I'd like to create some boxes for some of my homebrew games and would prefer not to start from scratch, if there is a template available. I don't want to step on any toes, in term of copyrights or "feelings." I love the 3 basic versions of the boxes that Collectorvision creates and I'd like to make some designs for the loose carts in my personal collection.

post-33854-0-34050700-1421963611_thumb.jpgpost-33854-0-65204600-1421963612_thumb.jpgpost-33854-0-00968200-1421963614_thumb.jpgpost-33854-0-31681900-1421963615_thumb.jpgpost-33854-0-07803200-1421963846_thumb.jpg

I'm actually interested in doing something similar, although I'm working on creating Coleco 1 "Coin Op" version boxes for some of the 3rd party titles that went a different route with their box art. Was curious if there would be any interest from other collectors if I did a larger print / production run, as well as if it would be a legal / licensing issue to create these. I would have to charge for these, but would literally just be a pass through for the printing and shipping (no profit). I've attached a few samples, but right now am looking at the following arcade boxes:

Root Beer Tapper

Burgertime

Popeye

Frogger

Centipede

Defender

Congo Bongo

Would love to hear everyone's thoughts!

Thanks!

• Like 1

post-33854-0-66260700-1421976239_thumb.jpgpost-33854-0-87670200-1421976243_thumb.jpg

I love the the U.S. coin-up boxes and have always preferred them to the CBS versions. Those look really great. They look just like the official Coleco boxes. Well done!

Thanks! Definitely trying to adhere to the exact designs of the originals. Throwing up some sample backs as well.

Lemme' know if there's interest from anyone. I'm getting quotes for printing / production now, so will have an idea of costs in the next few days.

:)

• Like 1

Nice work, but i have to admit i have never liked this kind of boxes. I love so much CBS Style. For me the us style is kind of "lazy low cost" design. Like if colecovision said " I make no effort to create a nice artwork, just put a picture of an arcade cabinet. It is faster, cheaper so better for business." I hate that .:)

Just a matter of taste anyway!. I guess if i had this kind of boxes in my childhood i'd love them now. But i grew up with CBS Style :)

Anyway very nice work they looks perfect.

Nice work, but i have to admit i have never liked this kind of boxes. I love so much CBS Style. For me the us style is kind of "lazy low cost" design. Like if colecovision said " I make no effort to create a nice artwork, just put a picture of an arcade cabinet. It is faster, cheaper so better for business." I hate that . :)

Just a matter of taste anyway!. I guess if i had this kind of boxes in my childhood i'd love them now. But i grew up with CBS Style :)

Anyway very nice work they looks perfect.

I like the CBS boxes too and have started collecting some of them. But I grew up with the arcade boxes and they still give me that warm fuzzy feeling. Funny how you get attached to the familiar eh?

The only box type I can't stand the sight of is the Taiwan Cooper.

Edited by HkryCrkStudio

I think these boxes are gorgeous! My problem is... do I buy another set of games to put in these boxes? I want them all!

What are your plans for the inside of the box? I've noticed some people have used foam, some just made empty boxes and some created tabs to hold the games, like the originals.

• 2 weeks later...

What are your plans for the inside of the box? I've noticed some people have used foam, some just made empty boxes and some created tabs to hold the games, like the originals.

I make inserts. They are sturdy and reliable, and are similar to the ones that Atari used in their game cartridge boxes. I use a die cutter. They slide right into the exact size box designed for Colecovision games. I also make exact clones of Parker Brothers clamshell inserts.

• Like 3

I make inserts. They are sturdy and reliable, and are similar to the ones that Atari used in their game cartridge boxes. I use a die cutter. They slide right into the exact size box designed for Colecovision games. I also make exact clones of Parker Brothers clamshell inserts.

Thanks for letting us know about these box inserts. I have to look over my collection and put an order together!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

attachicon.gifFrogBack.jpgattachicon.gifCentBack.jpg

Thanks! Definitely trying to adhere to the exact designs of the originals. Throwing up some sample backs as well.

Lemme' know if there's interest from anyone. I'm getting quotes for printing / production now, so will have an idea of costs in the next few days.

:)

Very interested! Thank you for your hard work.