IGNORED

Someone asked nicely...

CyranoJ

Righty-oh!

• Button A now releases the pod thing ;)
  • the flashes on depacking have been removed
  • the faded title screen no longer re-appears
  • some more clicky fx removed
  • I swapped the MOD for another one I found (Still don't know who did that)
  • Something else... I blame the medication
  • Neo-RG has all the FX and is cleaning them up for me (I'm crap at that), so there'll be another one along shortly!

Winners_dont_do_GBH.ABS

• Like 9

Well now....

• Splash screens added
  • Replaced U235 with ZeroPlayer
  • Arcade music added (L1-L8 / Game Over / Titles)
  • Fixed the long end of level screen delay
  • 4mb ROM (Apologies to everyone selling these out of their bathroom, this won't work for you
  • Clear the screen on game start

rtype.rom

• Like 8

Just flashed to the skunk. Plays great, sounds great. Thanks for your awesome efforts CyranoJ!

I may have found a small glitch though. If I let the title loop through the score board, credits, back to the title screen, and then start a new game, the screen goes blank with music still running. The game doesn't start. I re flashed a few times with the same results.

I may have found a small glitch though. If I let the title loop through the score board, credits, back to the title screen, and then start a new game, the screen goes blank with music still running. The game doesn't start. I re flashed a few times with the same results.

Raises hand. T'was all my fault. Pushing registers on the stack and then (sometimes) not popping them. Doh! Thanks for the bug report.

• Fixed
  • Changed title picture to a much nicer one

rtype.rom

Edited by CyranoJ
  • Like 6

Simple fix....... don't loose any lives! heh

on rtype, not so easy

i very rarely got the cheat working on the master system for infinite whatever it gave you, not sure why, perhaps i was being disabled with my button pressing at the time i dont know.

alas i have lost all my rtype skills and when testing barely was able to get the first pod before the first building entrance lol

on rtype, not so easy

i very rarely got the cheat working on the master system for infinite whatever it gave you, not sure why, perhaps i was being disabled with my button pressing at the time i dont know.

alas i have lost all my rtype skills and when testing barely was able to get the first pod before the first building entrance lol

yep agreed. its a hard game! i count myself very lucky if i get to level 2

I think it is a fair question. Does he have permission to port these games and give them out freely or is he himself the original author of the games he ports? I am just as excited as the next guy to see the Jaguar get some love from a talented programmer but the question still stands.

p.s.

If I had a skunk I would grovel on my knees for a port of Star Raiders. ;-)

I think it is a fair question. Does he have permission to port these games and give them out freely or is he himself the original author of the games he ports? I am just as excited as the next guy to see the Jaguar get some love from a talented programmer but the question still stands.

p.s.

This isn't the Jaguar forum circa 2009, it's time to move on. Welcome to 2015, where the Jag forum functions like every other corner of the Internet.

• Like 9

My take on CJ ST ports is that he ports whatever he likes/cares out of the goodness of his heart and sometimes if you ask nicely, then if the original author/copyright-holder is not happy about it CJ simply pulls the ports in question. I believe there's a couple that have been pulled, and my speculation is that CJ has been asked to.

Check here:
http://dbug.kicks-ass.net/ST2JAG/ST2JAG.php
the N/A I believe are in that group.

This is my speculation about the subject.

Edited by phoenixdownita
  • Like 4

You must be new here. The Jag forum is unlike anything you'll find anywhere on the Internet.

I've been here longer than you :) I've seen it all, lived through it all, and come out the other side. We're not going back.

Interesting, please explain.

See below.

My take on CJ ST ports is that he ports whatever he likes/cares out of the goodness of his heart and sometimes if you ask nicely, then if the original author/copyright-holder is not happy about it CJ simply pulls the ports in question. I believe there's a couple that have been pulled, and my speculation is that CJ has been asked to.

Check here:

http://dbug.kicks-ass.net/ST2JAG/ST2JAG.php

the N/A I believe are in that group.

This is my speculation about the subject.

This ^

You're posting on a website that houses hundreds (thousands?) of old Atari roms. Historically, there has been a few bad apples that freak out whenever an old/new Jag rom gets posted on the net. Just move on.

• Like 9

p.s.

A whole forum was devoted to like minded people. Thankfully, it disappeared up it's own arse. Ironically, despite taking such a stance it also sold these items it so strongly believed should be defended in it's own store. Several attempts have been made to resurrect it. The problem being, the kinds of people who are like minded are also assholes who argue, even with other like minded people. The current iteration sees about 3 posts a week, mostly from the admin, asking questions that nobody else there can read, let alone answer, or links to stuff happening in the Jaguar world, which ironically, all point to AtariAge.....

Feel free to join that and ask, or better yet, make your own forum for nobody to post in ;)

PS. Star Raiders is already ported.

• Like 3