IGNORED

List of games that don't work on the ATGames Genesis Ultimate portable

Inky

Ah, like PAL vs. NTSC, JPN vs. World, etc, I guess?

Your Broken list seems overlong to me. Sure, 32X won't work, but I know there are several on that list I know I've played on my unit.

Bimini Run, Dragon's Fury, Dragon's Revenge, Out of This World, Paperboy, Spiderman vs Kingpin, Virtua Fighter 2, and likely others are things that I've personally tried.

What version of the hardware are you using, and what ROMset?

Ah, like PAL vs. NTSC, JPN vs. World, etc, I guess?

Your Broken list seems overlong to me. Sure, 32X won't work, but I know there are several on that list I know I've played on my unit.

Bimini Run, Dragon's Fury, Dragon's Revenge, Out of This World, Paperboy, Spiderman vs Kingpin, Virtua Fighter 2, and likely others are things that I've personally tried.

What version of the hardware are you using, and what ROMset?

Yeah some titles have 10+ ROMs available including betas, etc.

My source is some megadrive ROM collection I torrented.

I have a unit I purchased last week, about screen says © 2017.

My testing methodology was basically load the ROM and wait to see if it crashes. Maybe some games take longer to load than I was willing to wait?

I just tried the one Paperboy ROM I have and no-go.

• Like 1

Yeah some titles have 10+ ROMs available including betas, etc.

My source is some megadrive ROM collection I torrented.

I have a unit I purchased last week, about screen says © 2017.

My testing methodology was basically load the ROM and wait to see if it crashes. Maybe some games take longer to load than I was willing to wait?

I just tried the one Paperboy ROM I have and no-go.

If you do end up formalizing your process and posting your results on the Web somewhere, from the AtGames side we'd definitely be interested in providing some type of support or acknowledgment of your efforts. In any case, thanks for taking the time to do what you're doing.

Well for the genesis there are two spider-man games. One has Spiderman shooting a web out of his hands for the artwork and that loads as Spider-man vs The Kingpin, that version works on my retro duo portable. The next version has spider-man and venom and all that on the artwork and that one does not work on my RDP. It would be interesting to see if that one works on the at games version.

Well for the genesis there are two spider-man games. One has Spiderman shooting a web out of his hands for the artwork and that loads as Spider-man vs The Kingpin, that version works on my retro duo portable. The next version has spider-man and venom and all that on the artwork and that one does not work on my RDP. It would be interesting to see if that one works on the at games version.

There are three total. The second one you mentioned is part of a series. Both were Spider-Man/Venom, either Maximum Carnage or Separation Anxiety

There are three total. The second one you mentioned is part of a series. Both were Spider-Man/Venom, either Maximum Carnage or Separation Anxiety

I don't think you understood what I was saying. Maximum Carnage is called maximum Carnage just as Seperation Anxiety is the title. I mean there are actually two different Spider-Man games that say Spider-man on them. The one technically has "Marvel Comics" and that is the incompatible version.

post-25078-0-40747300-1529373228_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

This may come across as a stupid question, but am I correct to assume that only US roms will work on the AT unit? I have Sailor Moon, which is a Japan only release, and I could only get it to work on my Retro Freak by setting the system to automatically detect the cartridge's region.

World ROMs (including Japan) should work. PAL might not. If you want to PM something to me to test, I can give it a go and let you know. Even if it works though -- there's no way to save on the current Sega portables, and the sound is not great.

That's good news. I don't have one of these units yet, but my set is ready for when I do. I guess I'll find out then which ROMs work and which ones won't. My biggest concern was whether region coding was going to apply.

Edited by ThunderFist