IGNORED

Thank you Jeff Minter. All hail the Yak. King of the Webs.

CyranoJ

Oh, I want to replace the splash screen with something reflecting those above who conspired to make it happen as well as, you know, the guy who made it in the first place. As for the packaging, I'd like to keep it simple but in-keeping with the game in the context of a recent Jaguar CD release. Be nice to give some of these to the llamaguys as well, even if all they do is frisbee them past bewildered sheep.

In keeping with the game... hmmm.. So a used take out curry tub, possibly packed with empty Lion Bar wrappers and some sheep fluff? :D

I can help with the emptying of curry tubs :D mmmmm curreh!

• Like 1

Too bad it's only gonna be a CD release; but the Jag CD owners can still be happy for a great game, and even one that is basically officially licensed. :)

And perfectly understandable sh3-rg can't spend the time to build two dozen carts or so.

Edited by 108 Stars

Too bad it's only gonna be a CD release; but the Jag CD owners can still be happy for a great game, and even one that is basically officially licensed. :)

And perfectly understandable sh3-rg can't spend the time to build two dozen carts or so.

Two dozen? So then people can sell them as "L@@K R@R3" on ebay? ;)

• Like 4

It's a win win. Honestly if you don't have a Jaguar CD and you are passionate about Jag your SHOULD have or be interested in getting yourself a skunk.

I've noticed i've been using my Jag CD a lot less since I got my skunk.... That being said I'd still love a Jag CD copy of this for posterity and play.

• Like 1

It's really a price thing. I don't even have a Flashcart for my Mega Drive yet, and that's my favorite cartridge based console...with the Everdrives bring easier to use than skunks.

I may get one eventually, especially since I am only really keeping my Jag because of ist bizarre place in history... and homebrews.

Jag CD is less likely. I distrust optical media based systems, and again the Price: for one Jag CD I could finally get a 32X AND an SG-1000, two things my Sega Heart has longed for a long time. :D

Edited by 108 Stars
  • Like 2

10 years ago I would have been hellbent on having both a cart and cd had they been released... I'm glad I'm no longer like that anymore. I'm perfectly happy loading this up on the Skunk to play from time to time and while a HS save would be neat... it's certainly not necessary. With that said, it only makes sense imo for it to be a JagCD release or flashable.

10 years ago I would have been hellbent on having both a cart and cd had they been released... I'm glad I'm no longer like that anymore. I'm perfectly happy loading this up on the Skunk to play from time to time and while a HS save would be neat... it's certainly not necessary. With that said, it only makes sense imo for it to be a JagCD release or flashable.

Buy a SillyVenture skunkboard. Flash it. Pull out the USB cable. Write Llamatron on it. Done :)

• Like 1

Jeff please make another Jaguar game!!! :D Tempest 2000 is truly one of the best games of all time (except level 64).

And Jag CD VLM is the best too! I'm a big big big fan of T2K and VLM.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=kevin+christensen+vlm

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=kevin+christensen+virtual+light

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=kevin+christensen+tempest

And I love animals lots too. Especially cats (like the Jaguar) https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=kevin+christensen+cats

And hey I was born and raised in San Jose California Atari land! :D born 1981. Peace Jeff. Please make another Jag game!!! :D

Tempest 2001

Don't listen to these guys, Jeff. We want TxK on pc! The vita version is great but the thumb sticks are just too small!

TxK4K - This is one of those games where I think that doing in 4k wouldn't be overly taxing on any system with a decent decent modern video card and yet would look astonishing.

Well, can't test Llamatron MT because my 'ultra reliable never fail' JagCD has decided all it wants to play are audio CDs. Which, when it comes to Highlander and Blue Lightning is actually a good thing. Don't anyone even dare to suggest these things are well made :P

• Like 4

LOL! Actually that is why I barely use my JagCD. I figure there are only so many uses and the things croak. So I stick to catridges.

But if anyone ever found a way to port Battlemorph to a cartridge I would play the crap out of that game.

Stupid question here…is this Jag version also using the original ST audio or is it using the Amiga version's audio?

It's using the ST samples. Incidentally I took a look at the amiga version a few days ago and I think that the samples are more or less the same sample rate as the ST and sounded pretty much the same, at least to my faded ears! If they sound better on the amiga I think it's because of paula filtering and actually being able to play 8bit samples and not 4bit like the YM :).

[EDIT] D'oh, CJ was faster!

Edited by ggn
  • Like 2

I just wanted to say thanks to everyone who's donated in the last few days, I'd've never've thought the old shareware would still be eliciting donations in 2015 :D.

As regarding TxK, at the moment we are pretty much sitting on several finished or near finished versions on other platforms (we released a demo on Oculus). We hope at some point to be able to release them.

• Like 15

I just wanted to say thanks to everyone who's donated in the last few days, I'd've never've thought the old shareware would still be eliciting donations in 2015 :D.

Excellent! :) I've just confirmed the MemoryTrack high score saving works, so the conversion is now complete :)

As regarding TxK, at the moment we are pretty much sitting on several finished or near finished versions on other platforms (we released a demo on Oculus). We hope at some point to be able to release them.

Fantasic!

• Like 5