IGNORED

Intellivision Flashback Upgrade Service

Byte Knight

Actually, a little search solves everything.

Just get one of these and it will dangle out of that the hole you made, but it is much easy to swap:

http://www.amazon.com/48cm-Sd-micro-Card-Extender-Cable/dp/B007WYRO7O

61OhgUTzSYL._SL1024_.jpg

1/3rd the price:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SD-Micro-SD-CARD-Extension-Cable-Adapter-Flexible-Extender-Cable-24-inch-Long-/361447989076?hash=item5427fa9f54:g:06IAAOSwfcVUH76c

Yeah, I know, that is what evg2000 is saying, but this is the first thing that popped up when I did a search for micro sd card extension

Edit: My method is to find something that I want (anywhere), and find one that does what I need, and then go find it cheaper. So that link wasn't to be the end-all of all searches. It was the first step of a research project to find something that fits the need

Edited by fdr4prez

I could, but I don't know what all the files are. I make a clone of the card so that if I screw something ups it takes less than five minutes to reimage the card. An example would be if I wanted to update the gui or the emulator. Back it up, do the upgrade, if I screw up five minutes later I'm back to were I was.

I had a backup, many emulators, and Dragon's Lair 1 & 2 on my Pi 2.

After messing the card up on vacation by trying to install the deaktop, I just wanted to restore it to where it was.

Well the restore failed and it also corrupted the backup!

If you DO restore, duplicate the backup first so if it fails and corrupts like mine did, you are not back at "square one".

I was using Apple Pie Baker by the way.

After messing the card up on vacation by trying to install the deaktop, I just wanted to restore it to where it was.

If you DO restore, duplicate the backup first so if it fails and corrupts like mine did, you are not back at "square one".

windiskimager doesnt corrupt your backup. But you need windows.

That sucks dude... I haven't had any issues with ApplePi-Baker.

Just beware that it will probably take a month to arrive from Hong Kong...

i get hong kong shipping in a little over a week. I ordered 5 items from hong kong a little before last week. Got one of them in 4 days. (Yes it was in hong kong packaging) and got the rest within a week and a half. I think it all depends on how fast it is put on a shipping container and how fast the boat ships out. Or if by some chance it goes by air. Edited by pimpmaul69

• 2 weeks later...

I would like to thank Todd (Byte Knight) for all his work on my system and for the endless list of questions he answered! I sent him my system and was skeptical because I am a total noob when it comes to the raspberry pi and Linux. Because I don't own an actual Intellivision system, but own all the ROMs from Intellivision lives and Rocks, I asked Todd to pre-load a small list of games for me that are some heavily played favorites. He agreed to help me out and delivered a truly "ultimate" systrem only a week later, just in time for my birthday! My biggest concern when I got the system back was whether or not I would have graphic issues with my TV. I have never used the HDMI ports and wondered if I would have zooming issues. When I got the email that it was delivered to my house, I could hardly wait to tear out of work and get home to hook it up! Set up is very easy as it's just a power and HDMI cable. Once I turned on the power to the system and the TV, my screen was soon filled with the familiar Intellivision font, followed by the emulation station menu. It looked like everything was working great, but the only sure way to tell was fire up a game. This proved to be a difficult choice as I was scrolling through the list of games. I decided to try Commando since it was one of those ROMs I had asked Todd to put on for me. Once the game came on it was off to the races avoiding enemy fire! The crispness of the picture and the full stereo sound filled my living room and it felt like I was teleported back to the 80's! I began to play through some of my favorite games and I realized this was truly the best way to play Intellivision on a big screen LED TV. I can honestly say that I'm glad I didn't go the route of having to by a used system and games because I would always wonder about their reliability. This is a brand new system with realistic controllers that feel even better than the Intellivision II controllers I used to have. So if you are looking for an Intellivision system and already have a lot of ROMs, this IS the system for you! Thanks again to Todd for all the hard work he does for the Intellivision community and to the Intellivisionaries for keeping the Intellivision flame burning bright. You have made this Intellivision fan happy again to be able to play some of my old favorites!

• Like 2

Is it possible to map two button presses on a controller in the INTV emulator in RetroPie to do one function? So for example, if I wanted to use a SNES controller and wanted to map Select+ Start to exit the emulator, will hackfile.cfg allow me to do something like this?

JS0_BTN_08 JS0_BTN_09 QUIT

I tried that and it didn't work. So obviously that combination doesn't work, but is there a way to do it?

Is it possible to map two button presses on a controller in the INTV emulator in RetroPie to do one function? So for example, if I wanted to use a SNES controller and wanted to map Select+ Start to exit the emulator, will hackfile.cfg allow me to do something like this?

JS0_BTN_08 JS0_BTN_09 QUIT

I tried that and it didn't work. So obviously that combination doesn't work, but is there a way to do it?

Jzintv does allow for combo button inputs but unfortunately it works with keyboard buttons and not joystick buttons. The syntax would be like this.

ADD_COMBO 0 F1 F2

COMBO0 QUIT

One workaround would be to modify the snes usb adapter firmware to create an extra button from the combo input. Another workaround would be to use a utility that maps joystick buttons to keyboard buttons. I use one called Joytokey for Windows PC but I don't know of a similar utility for the Raspberry PI.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
that is cool. I have to have my hard drive self powered. This will be nice.

Edit: it might still need a power supply...

Edited by pimpmaul69

Western Digital has released a had drive optimized for the Raspberry Pi. The 314GB drive, released on Pi Day (3/14), costs $31.42 for a limited time and promises to be more reliable, power efficient and easier to use with the computer than other storage. The company, which also has a 1TB drive, says the unit has been designed to coordinate with the Pi's own power systems in order to minimize energy use without affecting the maximum data transfer rate on a USB connection. The Raspberry Pi Foundation says the new drive will stimulate the development of storage-hungry projects.

Time for something new. Need to figure what I'm gonna modify into my Ultimate Madness RetroPi set up...

Seems to be powered through the Pi...which is what is cool about it. Have to read more I guess.

that is cool. I have to have my hard drive self powered. This will be nice.

Edit: it might still need a power supply...

Western Digital has released a had drive optimized for the Raspberry Pi. The 314GB drive, released on Pi Day (3/14), costs $31.42 for a limited time and promises to be more reliable, power efficient and easier to use with the computer than other storage. The company, which also has a 1TB drive, says the unit has been designed to coordinate with the Pi's own power systems in order to minimize energy use without affecting the maximum data transfer rate on a USB connection. The Raspberry Pi Foundation says the new drive will stimulate the development of storage-hungry projects.

im going to order one on the first with a case. I only need a 320gb as thats about what i am using now in my 500gb. Most people dont need these unless they are doing an excessive amount of stuff like myself

im going to order one on the first with a case. I only need a 320gb as thats about what i am using now in my 500gb. Most people dont need these unless they are doing an excessive amount of stuff like myself

Yeah, I'm competitive, I'll need to keep up with you. :-)