IGNORED

Cybernoid II

CyranoJ

Last one for a while. Don't want to burn out! Please, NO MORE requests, here, via email, or via PM.

I will try and fix up the remaining unfinished games.

1-7 on the number pad to select weapons. Tap fire for shot, hold fire for weapon activation.

The music came from here: http://4ksongspk.com/download/cybernoid-2-amiga-songspk.html - The musician is unknown, happy to credit if we find a name.

post-11520-0-62383100-1424257289_thumb.pngpost-11520-0-57970900-1424257296_thumb.pngpost-11520-0-60973800-1424257304_thumb.pngpost-11520-0-92698100-1424257315_thumb.png

Cyber2.rom

Edited by CyranoJ
  • Like 8

Luck would be nice but magical wand highly appreciated :D

Jiffi is a wonderful tool from Reboot but what it does is:

- by passing the need for encription

- loading what is on the CD on the 1Mo RAM of the Jaguar.

Because of the second point, the use of Jiffi is limited to files up to 1Mo (others people: crush my head if i am wrong XB6g.gif)

So roms can't be burned on CD-R by using Jiffi because of the too big size for the Jag RAM.

Anothter reason would be that rom is not a file format Jiffi can convert into burnable .cdi files.

To play thoses Rom there are 2 solutions:

- loading the rom into a Skunkboard

- playing the rom with an emulator such as Virtual Jaguar.

The solution would be to create a "real" Jaguar CD ie without using Jiffi: the game is loading the files from the CD when needed so in that case 4Mo are not a problem anymore not even 650Mo...but it is more complicated (some would probably say "ass paining" or something like that :D )

Edited by Felyx

Because of the second point, the use of Jiffi is limited to files up to 1Mo (others people: crush my head if i am wrong)

the Jaguar has 2 meg of ram onboard

To play thoses Rom there are 2 solutions:

- loading the rom into a Skunkboard

- playing the rom with an emulator such as Virtual Jaguar.

there are 3 options

+1

- burn eproms and solder them to a blank board or use a socketed board

True but that solution is like climbing the Everest from the northern face: it requires to have a rom flasher, to create or buy the PCB, to buy the chips (which are not very cheap ) and an empty cartridge shell.

Nothing impossible and probably the smarter solution but I am afraid it doesn't worth compare to get a Skunkboard.

Jiffi is a wonderful tool from Reboot but what it does is:

- by passing the need for encription

Because of the second point, the use of Jiffi is limited to files up to 1Mo (others people: crush my head if i am wrong XB6g.gif)

Quote the manual:

File size limits enforced: a binary loaded to RAM (such as COFF or BJL) can't be bigger than 2080768 bytes and a ROM can't be bigger than 6MB.

:)

(actually in his latest experiments CJ was able to use the full 2mb RAM without any problems, but well, let's just play it safe and use only the upper 2080768 bytes)

Edited by ggn
  • Like 2

True but that solution is like climbing the Everest from the northern face: it requires to have a rom flasher, to create or buy the PCB, to buy the chips (which are not very cheap ) and an empty cartridge shell.

Nothing impossible and probably the smarter solution but I am afraid it doesn't worth compare to get a Skunkboard.

everyone keeps saying the chips cos an arm and a leg, this is simply not true

http://www.buyicnow.com/it.php?i=75

http://www.buyicnow.com/it.php?i=77

and if you want a flash alternative, these are direct replacements for 160's, obviously they are more as they are flash based and easily reprogrammed

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/4pcs-MX29F1615PC-10-DIP-42-MX29F1615-ic-/321536057368?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4add0ae018

• Like 1

everyone keeps saying the chips cos an arm and a leg, this is simply not true

http://www.buyicnow.com/it.php?i=75

http://www.buyicnow.com/it.php?i=77

and if you want a flash alternative, these are direct replacements for 160's, obviously they are more as they are flash based and easily reprogrammed

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/4pcs-MX29F1615PC-10-DIP-42-MX29F1615-ic-/321536057368?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4add0ae018

800 can be used for 160 also. An offer of $94 for quantity of 2 (50 pieces) will be accepted in this listing (In answer to the unasked question - for my use only) Edited by rayik
  • Like 1

In answer to the unasked question - for my use only)

I don't think there's anyone left who cares to ask that question, I wouldn't give it a second thought. I think those kids wised up and realised it wasn't 1993 anymore and there's nothing special case about the open platform Jaguar. Pitchforks are for decorative use only now.

Edited by sh3-rg
  • Like 1

160's are for 4 meg games, 800's are for 2 meg games

Thank you omf. I figured out the header encryption, how to encrypt roms (using either univ.bin, tursi's fastboot.bin or jagcrypt with privated.key and publicd.key), how to convert .cof and memory loadable images to cart roms, flags for 8 bit v 16 bit rooms and load address in the header, but OMG mixed up 160 and 800 eeproms. While I had 31 successes, I had many failures. Now I know why. Been making 4Mb games today. The 93c86 was a very good purchase ?

I don't think there's anyone left who cares to ask that question, I wouldn't give it a second thought. I think those kids wised up and realised it wasn't 1993 anymore and there's nothing special case about the open platform Jaguar. Pitchforks are for decorative use only now.

Good to know. Most of the older posts I saw on AA that asked about eeproms was answered with hate and derision. Reading those made me not ask for help. Figuring things out through trial and error rather than look at a guide is a good way to learn something. I already own most Jag games. This was a challenge whch I enjoyed figuing out.
  • Like 5

47 downloads.

Seems a few people like the 'crappy 16 bit games' on the Jaguar, even if they'll never admit it ;)

If I had to set up an ST just to play it, well, maybe not. (Especially since I don't have an ST)

But since the Jaguar is set up, and it's now a Jaguar game, sure I'll play it. :D

I stopped downloading these after Rick Dangerous. Between certain games not having sound and/or borked controls, simply can't keep up with all the conversions!

Very cool to see, but would be nice if they were all compiled (finished conversions only) on a single thread. Felyx's artwork is amazing too. Very, very cool combination of stuff going on here for the Jag to be sure. :)

I stopped downloading these after Rick Dangerous. Between certain games not having sound and/or borked controls, simply can't keep up with all the conversions!

Very cool to see, but would be nice if they were all compiled (finished conversions only) on a single thread. Felyx's artwork is amazing too. Very, very cool combination of stuff going on here for the Jag to be sure. :)

Errr.. http://dbug.kicks-ass.net/ST2JAG/ST2JAG.php

• Like 3