IGNORED

Ball Knob Group Order

KevinMos3

As discussed in the Flashback thread, I'm placing an order with KnobsDirect for ball knobs to use with our Colecovision controllers and Flashback controllers. Those who've looked into ordering from them before will be familiar with how high the cost can be for just a few knobs after paying for the shipping plus handling.

To save everyone money, I'm taking requests and will place a single combined order. After I receive the parts, I will notify everyone of their portion of the cost. They can then send me the reimbursement and I will mail out the knobs in a padded envelope with the cheapest shipping option (unless otherwise requested). For everyone who only wants to order a handful of knobs, this should cut the cost roughly in half, or better if we get more people in on the order.

Here's how it should work:

Example: Ordering 4 knobs by yourself...

$0.79 x 4 = $3.16 for the knobs

+ $4.50 handling

+ $8.70 shipping

Total = $16.36

That's quite a bit for just 4 knobs!

Ordering 4 knobs in a group...

$0.79 x 4 = $3.16 for the knobs

+ $4.50 handling

+ $11.09 shipping

($15.59 total S&H), divided by total number of knobs in the order (24 in this example), times the number of knobs you requested (4)

Total S&H for your 4 knobs = $2.60

Estimated cost for me to ship the knobs to you ($2.00 +/-)

Total cost for your 4 knobs = $7.76

If you would like to get in on a group order, post your requested number of knobs here and state whether you want the size for the Flashback or a Coleco controller. I would like to close this by the end of the week, or sooner if those who have already added their names don't want to wait any longer.

One other benefit of getting in on the order: If desired, I will assemble your knob(s) with corresponding screw(s) and only charge for actual parts. NO labor. I simply want to get these into people's hands so they can better enjoy their Flashbacks/Colecos.

Running List:

chas10e x4 Flashback

Hyperboy x4 Flashback

KevinMos3 x4 Flashback x8 Coleco

stardust4ever x2 Flashback

Tron Unit x2 Flashback

• Like 2

Awesome seeing the interest in this. Thanks to everyone who has made requests so far! Here's the current tally:

atariguy1021 x6 Coleco
chas10e x4 Flashback / x2 Coleco
coleco_master x6 Coleco
Hyperboy x4 Flashback / x4 Coleco
Jeremy Popp x4 Coleco
KevinMos3 x4 Flashback / x8 Coleco
mickcris x2 Flashback
o.pwuaioc x2 Coleco
phattyboombatty x6 (?FB or Coleco?)
SiLic0ne t0aD85 x2 Flashback / x6 Coleco
SoulBlazer x2 Flashback
stardust4ever x2 Flashback
Tron Unit x2 Flashback
So that everyone can see exactly which knobs will be ordered, the Flashback knobs will be the KD-1042 (KnobsDirect price: $0.79 each) and the Coleco knobs will be KD-1046 (KnobsDirect price: $1.08 each).
  • Like 1

Do you take PayPal?

Yes, since that'll keep it simple for people. However, I can also take a check, money order, or whatever. Of course it will take longer to complete the process if you choose to send one of those. :)

All standard issue ColecoVision for me please!

Noted. :)

Is there a guide to installing theses?

I can put up some more pics, but it's really so straight forward that you could get your dog or cat to do it for you... not sure about a parakeet though; their little bird fingers just don't have the strength. ;)

But really, yes, I'll post more pics. For the Flashback, you can just pull the original nub straight out and screw one of these knobs-with-screw right in. However, I recommend taking the controller apart so you can be sure to get the screw started straight.

For the Coleco controllers, you just remove the silver circle from the nub, remove the screw underneath, pull the nub off, and screw the knob on.

• Like 2