IGNORED

Intellivision Expansion Module for Colecovision

ValkerieSilk

Intellivision Expansion Module for Colecovision/Adam?  

103 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be interested in an Intellivision Expansion Module for Colecovision/Adam?

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

I voted Yes but if it's $200 plus then NO, definitely not.

This is my answer. I'm not a huge INTV fan, more of a Coleco fan, though, and I think it would neat and finally see me getting into the INTV (so long as it's not very large; even the 2600 module is a bit big for my liking, but not horrendous).

Or just make Demon Attack, Atlantis, and Microsurgeon for the ColecoVision.

...and steal the ROM for Masters of the Universe.

Oh, man, to see INTV games ported to CV or even 7800 would be awesome.

Or just make Demon Attack, Atlantis, and Microsurgeon for the ColecoVision.

...and steal the ROM for Masters of the Universe.

This. If someone's going to spend a lot of money to develop a hardware add-on just to play a few extra games (most of which are available on the Inty Flashback) I would rather see that money spent on a homebrew programmer to make CV conversions of the most popular Inty titles, such as the AD&D titles, Bomb Squad, Buzz Bombers, Demon Attack, Diner, Dreadnaught Factor, Microsurgeon, Night Stalker, Sea Battle, Shark! Shark!, Space Battle, Space Hawk, Thin Ice, Thunder Castle, Tower of Doom and Utopia.

And in going through the trouble of doing such CV conversions, there's also the opportunity to make improvements along the way. For instance, if I were to do a conversion of Diner, I'd make the viewpoint truly isometric, à la Marble Madness. Or I would give Night Stalker a fresh coat of paint.

Is this a serious discussion, or just pie-in-the-sky dreaming?

I work with Two EE's one of which is a Ph.D who have indicated that the technical aspects of making this happen are trivial (for them). I'm trying to gauge how much interest there is in something like this mainly because I just think it would be really cool to have an expansion module to play Intellivision games not for the sake of just being able to play those games on the CV (like someone said above they have 4 Intellivision consoles, yeah, and I have like 20), but because Coleco had considered doing such a thing back in the day and making that actually happen just seems pretty cool.

I work with Two EE's one of which is a Ph.D who have indicated that the technical aspects of making this happen are trivial (for them). I'm trying to gauge how much interest there is in something like this mainly because I just think it would be really cool to have an expansion module to play Intellivision games not for the sake of just being able to play those games on the CV (like someone said above they have 4 Intellivision consoles, yeah, and I have like 20), but because Coleco had considered doing such a thing back in the day and making that actually happen just seems pretty cool.

Sounds good. A few hurdles will have to be gone through, though. You mentioned the F18A. That'll be tough to work with. Composite, like the Atari Expansion module, is simple enough, though. You'll also have to make sure the CV power supply has enough current capability to power your device.

• Like 1

Sounds good. A few hurdles will have to be gone through, though. You mentioned the F18A. That'll be tough to work with. Composite, like the Atari Expansion module, is simple enough, though. You'll also have to make sure the CV power supply has enough current capability to power your device.

I'm actually more concerned about the licensing aspects of doing this. I know Ed and others have licensed there peripherals through River West Brands, but where to go with this?