IGNORED

Intellivision Expansion Module for Colecovision

ValkerieSilk

Intellivision Expansion Module for Colecovision/Adam?  

103 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be interested in an Intellivision Expansion Module for Colecovision/Adam?

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

I work with Two EE's one of which is a Ph.D who have indicated that the technical aspects of making this happen are trivial (for them).

Find out how trivial it would be to make a 3-in-1 console(Atari, Colecovision, Intellivision) similar to the retron consoles. It would be nice to have a shiny new console that plays all 3 consoles' cartridges and not just a flashback.

• Like 2

Find out how trivial it would be to make a 3-in-1 console(Atari, Colecovision, Intellivision) similar to the retron consoles. It would be nice to have a shiny new console that plays all 3 consoles' cartridges and not just a flashback.

We were just talking about putting both the Atari and INTV in one expansion mod ... The biggest hurdles are avoiding a C&D.

• Like 1

Uhh how? Can't see how any kind of console adapter would work with the F18a considering it doesn't have any kind of video input.

Ehh... you just re-route the flux capacitor through the dilithium crystal chambers... or was that the other way around... And just in case you cross the wiring and find yourself in the early 1980’s, would you mind grabbing me a NIB Colecovision at ToyRus on your way back.

• Like 3

Pretty ambitious project and I wish you all the best if you decide to proceed. Seeing as there is no way that I can see this little endeavor "flying under the radar", acquiring proper licensing would probably be the biggest challenge and more importantly at a reasonable cost so as not to kill any hope of this project coming to fruition.

• Like 1

Pretty ambitious project and I wish you all the best if you decide to proceed. Seeing as there is no way that I can see this little endeavor "flying under the radar", acquiring proper licensing would probably be the biggest challenge and more importantly at a reasonable cost so as not to kill any hope of this project coming to fruition.

Licensing is the biggest hurdle for sure...

• 6 years later...

If you add a BUS pass through for the intellivision add ons then we should be able to plug the intv  adapter in then daisy chain the ECS (computer add on),then intelivoice, then with the intellivision Atari adapter (system changer).  

iMarkup_20211021_134430.jpg

Edited by rietveld

I would pay $200 for the add on as long as I can use it with my Adam.  It would look crazy to have a colecovision with the Adam add on then have the ECS, Intellivoice, and either the LTO flash or the Atari system changer with the Harmony cart all attached using the new intellivision adapter

36 minutes ago, rietveld said:

I would pay $200 for the add on as long as I can use it with my Adam.  It would look crazy to have a colecovision with the Adam add on then have the ECS, Intellivoice, and either the LTO flash or the Atari system changer with the Harmony cart all attached using the new intellivision adapter

I think I just heard the printer/power supply on your Adam just call you a sadistic S.O.B., but that could have been my imagination...  ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I think , using f18a anyways & sgm, you could actually write an emulator that would run on a colecovision or phoenix. It would run as a wrapper with the rom possibly embedded.

160x96 with smooth scroll (windowed) or perhaps 2x doubled, less memory & the sgm has the same sound chip.

Just need a cart reading adaptor for either the expansion port or the regular port or just run the roms.

I really don't see the point of a pass through full compact intellivison that is the same as the full atari module. Its just a foreign system that pretends be an add on.

On 10/22/2021 at 1:16 PM, TPR said:

It's not real... someone posted it as a "what if?" in the ColecoVision Lunatics group. It doesn't exist and it never has.  Let's not let this thread turn into some sort of crazy rumor mill.

Awwww.... but I love crazy rumor mills.

Would be an awesome product if made.  If they can make a modern day "Commodore 65" (the Mega 65), then why not this?

23 minutes ago, mozartpc27 said:

Awwww.... but I love crazy rumor mills.

Would be an awesome product if made.  If they can make a modern day "Commodore 65" (the Mega 65), then why not this?

It would only be a pass through adapter anyways as their is no shared components.

The atari module is actually a complete atari 2600 and doesn't use the colecovision at all other than drawing power and passing the signal through to the back.

it'd would be the equivalent of duct taping an intellivision on ala the Red Green show.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...