IGNORED

How has this not been posted yet? Retro VGS

racerx

This gives me a chuckle every time I think about it:

I wanted to address our decision to remove some posts from our Facebook page. As you all know, for better or worse, we have been very transparent on our progress and this is something we will continue to do as we move forward.

Shortened version:

remove some posts... ...we have been very transparent

I'm looking forward to seeing the Kickstarter. I have my doubts I will buy in anytime soon; I'll see what they have to offer at what price.

Edited by 5-11under

Ohh sure it is. Don't forget that there are people with more money than all the combined net worth of all the posters in this thread.

Yeah, and I'm sure former Microsoft CEO Bill Gates will pick one up for the game room. Is Mark Zuckerburg a gamer? Pretty sure the uber rich billionaires have better things to do than play video games. Like run for president, *cough* Trump *cough*. And if every billionaire on earth bought one of "everything," it would hardly amount to much... :ponder:

http://www.history.com/shows/united-stuff-of-america/videos/billionaires-club

Edited by stardust4ever

Hmm ... I can't find where they confirmed the date.

Good deal, though. Let's get this [party or train wreck] started.

I stand corrected, date can be any day in the week of the 14th to 20th. What ever day it is it has not changed because of the cardboard motherboard and deleted posts and kickstarter rules. I could be wrong but there was no hints that it would be delayed in any of there posts.

They said Last Hope Pink Bullets will be next from the Neo Geo team. Don't know if its before or after the kickstarter.

The week has barely got underway. And for businesses, it has another 6-8 hours to go!

The wailing and gnashing of teeth by those who miss any Early Bird* bonuses/discounts because they didn't have a set date will be a fantastic sight to behold.

Kennedy does have two successful projects under his belt, and the mag itself is a success story. I just would have expected a firm date for such a large project (once approved, a project can be launched at any point). But then, nothing about this thing has been what I'd expect. :D

Best of luck to the RVGS crew.

*No Early Bird bonuses or discounts have been suggested; it's just speculation

Are there usually "early bird" discounts or perks on Kickstarter projects? I always just figured it's based on tiers, and those that want more perks simply pay more.

Yes if the publisher wishes to do it. They could put a discounted pledge up for the first 1,000 backers (for example $375 instead of $400)

They also add stuff like tiers which mean if they get funded over X amount then they will do some extra stuff, custom cases for example. If they get another X amount they will pack in an extra game etc.. Tiers are above and beyond the funded amount during the kickstarter.

My personal experience with them:

They may have gotten more organized with Kickstarter these days, I don't know but based upon my experience with them in the past when I helped kickstart their magazine it wasn't good. They were late/had issues with delivery amongst other things and it wasn't just me. These things happen but lets just say, for the minimum amount that I pledged I wasn't impressed at all. These days the magazine is a bit better but its still far from what I expected and what they promised on day 1. There was a lot of marketing ra ra and cheerleading from them beforehand and when I got the magazine I was like wow, this is a fanzine, not a magazine.

All I can say to those here who are gung-ho about this project: be careful with your money and don't spend more than what you have to or wait till the project is almost funded before deciding what you want to do. Look at the fund goal and see if it's a realistic amount. If they are hiding things its all the more red flags to not commit money to them etc.

• Like 2

cimerians beat me to the reply, but here are some examples:

Ouya's only saved $5 (doesn't say "early bird" but it was the cheapest tier): https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ouya/ouya-a-new-kind-of-video-game-console/description

Here's one successful campaign where the EBs got $50 off the price, with several different reward groups (i.e., DIY, or DIY+ signed book, etc): https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1944625487/omni-move-naturally-in-your-favorite-game/description

A random current one saves 20%: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/eshower/e-shower-70-less-water-and-feels-twice-as-good?ref=category

... or you can wait until the scalpers have sold their early birds on eBay and normal people decide to sell used at a discount ... say 6 months in or something.

If all the RVGS first batch goes to collectors kind that never resell then you'll be fine as they will have to manufacture more -> price of collectibles goes down -> bingo.

If they really plan to only EVER make 7K and that's it then sleep well that not many games will make their way there.

Either way unless you have an itch to scratch right now,waiting seems the way to go, also keep in mind that they said at the earliest you'll have something middle of next year ... so what's the rush anyway.

...so they are watching this forum!

Yes and they should be watching. Unlike Facebook they can't censor critics or moderate their own threads. People speak their mind here. We are their target mrket after all. If they do or say something that garners a negative reaction (like cardboard PCBs) they should take notes.

• Like 1