IGNORED

How has this not been posted yet? Retro VGS

racerx

A console with an FPGA isn't a bad idea in itself. The ability to provide very specific acceleration functions for a particular game engine could be really cool. Of course, that isn't a very retro application in itself and it would require skills the typical game programmer doesn't have. Also, FPGAs can be damaged by mistakes that cause voltage/logic contention.

• Like 1

It was time for us to establish a new identity for this product moving forward and that was one of the main goals of the press release. We are having a variety of ongoing conversations with companies and people who are working with us in various capacities on this project and we've stopped referring to it as the RVGS. It was something that needed to be done.

Lots of 'variety' and 'various' and blah blah filling up paragraphs of space saying absolutely nothing that wasn't already being said before. This is the same or lesser-capable innards wrapped in the same plastic shell and trotted out with a new coat of paint.

In a few months this will all turn sour and you'll be back pointing the finger at forums like AA and throwing your new hardware guy (if one even exists now) under the bus.

As the instructions on the back of the bottle say:

Rinse, wash, and repeat.

• Like 1

Why don't you believe in the magic of Christmas? :_(

Your stockings are going to be filled with manure instead of coal, you mean meanies!

Dude, you can dry that manure into bricks and use it to keep you warm in the winter.

In other news, we hit a record high 81 F in shreveport today, had to turn on the AC! :lolblue:

• Like 1

"Mark and Chris at River West/Coleco Holdings are also very behind this product (...) inviting us into their booth at Toy Fair which is where they want to officially begin rebuilding this brand in more concrete ways."

This sounds like the Coleco name holders are planning more than one thing to "bring Coleco back"; the Chameleon might be just one among several other toys/products.

I just hope they get the Tiger licenses for when Mike decides to bless families with the holy cartridge handheld. We need the Coleco Game.Com2 or the Tiger Pocket Chameleon. Maybe even spice it up with the Coleco Tiger. The world needs another Game Gear sized battery hog with a tiny screen. We're ready for you to fully return gaming to its roots!

• Like 5

I just hope they get the Tiger licenses for when Mike decides to bless families with the holy cartridge handheld. We need the Coleco Game.Com2 or the Tiger Pocket Chameleon. Maybe even spice it up with the Coleco Tiger. The world needs another Game Gear sized battery hog with a tiny screen. We're ready for you to fully return gaming to its roots!

Oh noes! He-sa gonna steal my idea?

See guys, the truth of it is, this project's hitting a little close to home for me.

I've been preparing to launch my own retro-themed game machine project on indiegogo, and I guess I've just become a bit jealous of how well put together this whole idea is.

[...]

See if enough people back me, I upgrade everybody's system with an AUTHENTIC VINTAGE TIGER LCD SCREEN superimposed over the standard game screen so you can play two games at once...one of which will always be the award-winning Bo Jackson Football.

GXVVQU3m.jpg

Edited by Reaperman
  • Like 1

Oh noes! He-sa gonna steal my idea?

Oh balls! You gotta beat him to the punch Reaperman!! Quick get that guy from earlier in the thread who was gonna make California Games: Surf Dogs for the RVGS to sign a contract to develop it exclusively for your system. Everyone knows Mike can't resist surf dogs so he'll buy your console out!

• Like 2

Put a Pi Zero in it and I'll buy it!

I approve. My Casio Calc from 30 years ago still runs perfectly. It's super Retro, relyable and from a time when calculators weren't just about mathematical results, they were all about the fun.

Nowadays no one owns a calculator anymore, because they have calculators in their phones or PCs. But it just doesn't have the same Feeling as pressing those rubbery Buttons. And when the Servers go down, and your updates brick your Systems, how are you going to calculate anything?!

This is great News. Now the only question remaining is: What Colors will they come in? I want transparent red!

See guys, the truth of it is, this project's hitting a little close to home for me.

I've been preparing to launch my own retro-themed game machine project on indiegogo, and I guess I've just become a bit jealous of how well put together this whole idea is.

I don't mean to take over other people's threads promoting my own projects, but I will mention that my 'Handibox' is a 1.9ghz tegra-based handheld device. It features a 4" 1080p screen, and an 8-way d-pad. It'll run the same indie games that the rest of your devices will--but a little worse. I will need at least $3m to get it off the ground, but if I get $5m, I've got a stretch goal to include a multi-gigawatt flux-capacitor which will literally transport users back to the 80's. We've got just a few technical issues left relating to time travel and its impact on battery life, so we'd need another $2m for that.

The thing is that I wanted to save $0.45 on manufacturing each case, so I may have reused some old designs, but I don't think anybody will notice. It could even bring back some fond memories.

GXVVQU3m.jpg

Whoa, whoa whoa! Did you forget that I already made your first pack in game?

post-13304-0-77628600-1341266173.jpg post-13304-0-87678400-1341263867_thumb.jpg
  • Like 3

This just in, the Chameleon team has just bought 50 000 Casio calculators and is going to market them as a portable gaming device. Their killer app is typing in 55378008 and flipping the calculator upside down to read "BOOBLESS".

LOL, wow. I never thought I'd be old enough to see the day where that joke would actually need to be explained.

Edited by PlaysWithWolves
  • Like 2

Over 30,000 words and nearing 140 hours spent on this saga this year alone by me personally and I have to agree, I thought the IGG failure was it.

Hey Everyone.

First off, this post isn't pointing fingers at anyone in this community whatsoever, but will single out one Carl Williams. This is directed at him and asking him why he seems to have it out for me? I think you can agree that his 30,000 words accusing me of everything has tons of holes in it after you read further. I too, have mastered the art of copy and paste.

I think it is safe to say that Carl is a bit obsessive in trying to ruin my reputation and character. Take a look at what he is saying in all his rants and he goes way out of this way to create mountains out of molehills in everything he writes about me. And, yes, I've banned him from our Facebook page so he can't spread his deceitful tabloid written crap over there.

I will address the rewrite of the press release shown on RetroVGS.com. I made some additional clarification on that release after it was appearing that some people, not all, were not understanding what our relationship with "Coleco" was, a licensing deal with the new rightful owners of the brand name that ultimately would legally adorn the COLECO brand on our product. I was in effect, doing what many wanted, clarifying the situation that this was not a deal I made with the original company, which yes, everyone could take two seconds to see have been out of business since 1988. Most people would have known this without taking the time to look at. But Carl, took it upon himself to yet again undermine my character and reputation by blowing things way out of proportion. This is happening over and over and everyone here is trusting this guy. You might want to question him instead of me.

He says that I never had any "real" discussions with Konami? Well, here you go Carl! http://readretro.com/news/kennedy-rajna-konami-proof-of-discussions-seeking-opportunities/

Password: CWILLIAMS

Note the email from Mike Rajna to me kindly asking me not to discuss our internal discussions until some sort of official deal is made. I then kindly asked Carl Williams to remove any mention of the Konami mentions in his stories, at the request of Mr. Rajna. Here you will also see some original discussions beginning with Howard Phillips and Owen Rubin. Two of the other people I am accused of name dropping.

Guys, in the pursuit of opportunities to successfully bring this product to market I have tapped deep into my contacts and friends of contacts which are all legitimate contacts in the industry.

Those look like real opportunity seeking discussions to me. This is what you do running a business. You seek out opportunities. This is what I was doing (and have continued to do throughout this process) reaching out to companies like Konami. I never once said anywhere that I had a deal with any of these companies. Only that I was in discussions. This is where opportunities begin. I was being very open and honest about this to the gaming world as it was important to me to build a fan base for this product prior to lighting up a Kickstarter campaign. I wanted to do as much groundwork as I could in the beginning to show people we were serious about trying to go after some of these cool games we would like to all see brought back in some form.

Carl has had it in for me and the only reason I can see is that I successfully crowdfunded RETRO magazine (Twice) to his failure of even reaching $1K in funding on Kickstarter.

I have real legit contacts in this industry and it can be seen from the writing team I put together on my magazine. This is the same model I was going to apply to the console, tapping into friends and colleagues to help make this a cool gaming platform for all to enjoy.

I have admitted that we F'ed up on the hardware but I am not going to sit back and admit to or be accused of lying to any of you about anything. Many here have known me on my podcasts and other dealings and I can't believe I have to come in here and defend myself against someone who is questioning everything I do and using my situation as a springboard for his own gain. Do you guys think I am out of line here?

Edited by Parrothead
  • Like 1