IGNORED

How has this not been posted yet? Retro VGS

racerx

They've talked about structuring their rewards so that you can add game purchases to your reward tier. I just realized that too violates Kickstarter's rules.

From Kickstarter:

Prohibited Items
We prohibit projects that are illegal, heavily regulated, or potentially dangerous for backers, as well as rewards that the creator did not make.
Resale. All rewards must have been produced or designed by the project or one of its creators — no reselling things from elsewhere.

This is why none of the other game console Kickstarters included games sales in the reward tiers. You can't just say: hey give me enough money and I'll throw in a Pebble watch. Two of those "launch games" were Kickstarter projects on their own.

I guess you could make an argument that the cartridges themselves are made by RVGS, but that's stretching the definition of what a producer/designer is.

Did these guys even read Kickstarter's rules? Or as we suspect, this could be another reason why they won't be on Kickstarter.

Did these guys even read Kickstarter's rules? Or as we suspect, this could be another reason why they won't be on Kickstarter.

That's an interesting find, though KS does pre-screen (whether automatically or manually). Again, we could just wait a few days and find out for certain what's going on. FWIW, the Omni Kickstarter I linked to gave away signed copies of Ready Player One at certain tiers, though KS could certainly have changed the rules since.

I hope this doesn't make me sound like a pansy, but as a young lad in the 70's, I liked reading The Bobbsey Twins over The Hardy Boys

Are you trying to pick a fight with me? I'm ready to rumble!

Mom had probably twenty or thirty Hardy Boys & Nancy Drew books, so I read them all. And watched the TV show .... new. haha

• Like 1

As I mentioned on my posts earlier they funded their magazine on Kickstarter and I was a backer and it didn't go that smoothly. They delivered but it wasn't what I was expecting. All I can say is I hope they learned with their experience but in my case I can only hold reservations on any further projects they do. Plus, I simply don't have that much interest in the thing to begin with.

I don't hate the guys or want them to fail or anything, the magazine got better and I even re-subscribed to support it but quite frankly I won't help fund anything they do on Kickstarter unless I know what I'm getting. If your going to ask for public (crowd) funding you have to be more open. It's not rocket science. I give you funds for your project, you show me what you got and tell me what your doing and plan to do...as well as give me updates.

I don't want to scare anyone away but its just the way it is. Who knows, maybe it turns out great and then we all have something new to talk about and turn on and play. The again maybe not.

Anyone who's never used Kickstarter or wants some tips on what to watch out for as a backer, this is pretty spot on:

http://lifehacker.com/5898965/how-to-vet-a-kickstarter-project-before-you-back-it

In all seriousness i'm more worried about tooling for both the console and cartridge shells. If they modify the original injection molds like new back / front ports on the system and removing the Atari logo from the cartridge shell as said in one interview with new text "RETRO" or "RVGS" this could weaken the tooling !!!?

Im thinking way past this Retro VGS system phaze / "fart in wind thing" deal. Im in the empire business, I want to reuse the molds myself but since it was used 2 times for a game system (Atari & Retro) and one time as a dental cam for IMAGIN I was thinking what do you get NEW with when you say Atari Jaguar - dental camera - RETRO ? One word Arse corp. If you don't know arse it is well a word for in some parts of the world as ass or ass crack, I want to make rectal camera to search and document rectums from cancer in hospitals to inmates in prison hiding drugs and jag carts. I want the cartridge shell mold to use like IMAGIN dental did and make it a large flash drive to hold images of your ass, you can't tell me as a REAL Atari Jaguar fan you don't imagine shoving part of the Jaguar up some ones ass and saving it to a old odd shaped cartridge ???

Draikar,

Arse corp. AKA jaguar up da ass corp.

• Like 1

I want the cartridge shell mold to use like IMAGIN dental did and make it a large flash drive to hold images of your ass, you can't tell me as a REAL Atari Jaguar fan you don't imagine shoving part of the Jaguar up some ones ass and saving it to a old odd shaped cartridge ???

waynesworld8.gif

• Like 3

Thats it? Thats all you have to say about this? $300 for a "base price"? Clearly, you're not doing this for any "community". Everyone's gotta eat, I guess, right?

So much for "transparency."

Because THIS is what this HOBBY has turned into - everyone wanting loads of money for a niche product because its part of the "trend." I don't take joy in watching people fail - I'm tired of all this bullshit "retro gamez are hot right now! big $$$ to be made!"

I enjoy classic games. i enjoy games that PLAY well. This is my taste in games. Now, that taste has become a commodity, like some fucking cash cow that everyone is taking pieces from. The term "retro" gets slapped on EVERTYTHING that doesnt use 3D models so all you hipster sheep can throw your disposable income at it.

It doesn't stop there. This is why the secondary market is so fucked. Collectards and shelfqueens buy everything up, hoard it, and call it an "investment". You know why common games are hard to find now? Blame the flippers, resellers, and "collectors" - they would rather put it on a shelf and beat off to it than see it go to someone who will actually ENJOY it and play it. Not time for playing games! There's money to be made! Last time I was in a brick and mortar store, these two douchbag collectards were arguing over how much profit game boy games would fetch in another year. They then proceeded to buy 2 large stacks of them (many of them multiple copies). When I asked how much a copy of Tecmo Super Bowl was for NES (because there was no price on it), the guy behind the counter proceeds to go to EBAY for a price, and quotes me $25. Tecmo Super Bowl is nowhere close to being worth that much. Its not "teh rarez", its a common as shit game, but because its for the NES (which is now along the lines of a boutique system apparently) that instantly drives the value up.

This "RGVS" is a complete joke. This mysterious KS that Parrothead keeps touting is supposed to start "around" the 14th? Whats next, "The KS will start when I mention it in passing to my wife around the 14th, but not after mid-october..." Really? All I've seen you do is ask for money. You've shown nothing more than a shitty empty case with an inkjet-printed PCB. Congratulations, you're doing a helluva job. Money well spent on those Jaguar molds. But I'm sure you'll recoup those losses by jacking the price of the system up, or making a "limited edition" version for twice what you were already raping your supporters for to begin with.

Oh, the "Gunlord" makers are making games for this? Out come the fucking vultures already. I'm sure the bloated costs of those cartridges will make up for the lack of invention and quality in their games.

I can't wait for sacks of shit like Gamester81 and Pat the NES Turd to make videos of this crap. Just another hunk of plastic put on a shelf behind them to show off on youtube. I'm sure that'll be some free advertising for ya, right Mike????

Fuck the shelfqueens. Fuck the collectards. Fuck all the sheep that buys into this crap looking to make money off of us.

And if you don't like what I say about it, then fuck you.

I thought this post was epic. Sorry it rustled so many jimmies, but I agree with about 99% of it.

• Like 6

Some here are keeping track of Parrothead when he reads the board. On kickstarter you can tell when someone logs in. In the past few days he log in every day, it could be nothing but from what that i see maybe its just that.

Edited by Draikar

Beside the price of the KS early bird, did they say what else aside the console is included?

1 Pad? 2 Pads? AC-DC converter? HDMI cable? AV Cable? Tiny Knight game? Owner's manual? Warranty card?

Anything at all?

mmmmhhhh ..

here

http://retrovgsclub.com/2015/09/13/retro-vgs-kickstarter-what-we-know/

any and all games are due Dec 31 2016 .... that was 2 days ago .... but it's not the same people doing the talk.

Edited by phoenixdownita

Beside the price of the KS early bird, did they say what else aside the console is included?

1 Pad? 2 Pads? AC-DC converter? HDMI cable? AV Cable? Tiny Knight game? Owner's manual? Warranty card?

Anything at all?

mmmmhhhh ..

here

http://retrovgsclub.com/2015/09/13/retro-vgs-kickstarter-what-we-know/

any and all games are due Dec 31 2016 .... that was 2 days ago .... but it's not the same people doing the talk.

Why do you need those details? Didn't you read about the LIMITED EDITION COLORS??? What more could you want? It PLAYS CARTRIDGES AND IS MADE IN THE USA! NO INTERWEBTUBES!!! RETRO!!!

• Like 2

....mmmhhhh... I guess as I get older I wear more my bs-goggles and text tend to become a little sparse on "those hyperbolic announcements".

By BS I don't mean things they won't deliver, I just mean things that cannot be a deal-maker or a deal-breaker in an of itself.

As I stated in another post as long as you avoid a certain design that is round and brown likely it would be alright ... I don't spend much time staring at my consoles anymore, I care about their substance.

Maybe I just lost faith since buying those "enlarge your penis" pills and they didn't quite work out, I was thinking the next time I fall for one of those hyperboles would be the "add a second penis" pill .... until then it's all sarcasm and skepticism not necessarily in that order.

Maybe I just lost faith since buying those "enlarge your penis" pills and they didn't quite work out, I was thinking the next time I fall for one of those hyperboles would be the "add a second penis" pill .... until then it's all sarcasm and skepticism not necessarily in that order.

There is an "add a second penis" pill. It's called a roofie.