IGNORED

How has this not been posted yet? Retro VGS

racerx

Another thing I don't get is with all the "it's official ...." there's not a shred of announcement on the publisher side:

http://neobitz.com/KnightsChance

It's not the only one like that. All announced games beside Tiny Knight (which apparently is RVGS only) do not mention on their own page any intention yet to support the platform .... so guess they are all waiting and see what happens to the KS, which means nothing started at all and all this it's offcial is really nothing more than a gentlemen agreement based on what happens during the KS ....

Regarding Tiny Knight I bet it's completely running on the ARM/media processor so that if the KS goes bad they simply port it to android .. likely it is using std libraries and std tools, given the RVGS has no BIOS I wonder how much OS they have to embed in the game? (hence the 1G+ need, a whole android/linux read-only subsystem maybe).

Again more speculation on my part ... but it's all going to be revealed in the next 3 days or so ... no hurry.

Edited by phoenixdownita

I find it interesting that Gunlord is being ported to a console not even out yet, but the NG Dev Team was unable to raise enough funds to support it to massively popular consoles: https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/gunlord-for-3ds-and-wiiu--2#/story

That's why I said that there's no way it's a port. It has to be just the Neo ROM bundled up with a Neo-Geo emulation core and a front-end. Like someone pointed out either here or somewhere else, since the game is on a cart, the chance of someone dumping the cart and extracting the actual game ROM is pretty low.

I find it interesting that Gunlord is being ported to a console not even out yet, but the NG Dev Team was unable to raise enough funds to support it to massively popular consoles: https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/gunlord-for-3ds-and-wiiu--2#/story

We haven't seen the response to the Kickstarter yet, but should it become the battle cry for the RVGS then it'll be funny knowing that a game with lukewarm reception (Source) that couldn't generate enough interest to merit a current-gen release is now the focal point of attention for a console that's trying to be retro.

But to try to make some sense out of it, of course the difference now is that RVGS is handling all the cart production work. I think it's stupid that the NG-Dev team only goes with physical releases, as the review I cited said, why not go digital as well? I got Volgarr the Viking digitally this weekend and I'm glad I didn't shell out money for the game on cartridge.

If posts in a thread determined whether or not a kickstarter campaign is a success this would be the most successful kickstarter campaign ever.

If everyone in this thread who actually, you know, thought this thing might be worth it, pledged $10, they might have $30 by now...

• Like 8

I like marshmallows.

Last time I made them I almost burned'em.

Erm, do they like make any fast games for this system?

I light mine, and blow it out immediately before the fire consumes it. Nothing like a bit of crunchy black carcinogenic crust, and possibly a drop or two of pine sap, on my marshmallow when making Smores. Yummy... :P

Knight's Chance, never heard of that. Looking at the video it's got the look of a game that might have appeared if Telegames did Neo Geo games.

Knight's Chance is an excellent title that was created by Jeff Kurtz and the people at Neobitz. I pre-ordered this title for the Neo-Geo AES and never been disappointed with the hard work/dedication that they put into this title. The moderator Punisher 5.0 I think did the MVS pre-order! Truly a remarkable gem of a game. Jeff was kind enough to reserve number 100/100 for the AES version.

If you want a respected member on the neo-geo forums, Jeff Kurtz is certainly up in the ranks with many others! Neobitz will be doing future titles for the Neo-Geo in the future.

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224

Another thing I don't get is with all the "it's official ...." there's not a shred of announcement on the publisher side:

http://neobitz.com/KnightsChance

That's a link to the purchasing page for Knight's Chance.

Here is their official Facebook page that made the announcement for it going onto the VGS.

https://www.facebook.com/Neobitz

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224

Jeff Kurtz at Neobitz is also responsible for helping neo-geo.com member "Razoola", with the assembling and selling of Crosed Swords 2 over from the Neo-Geo CD, to the MVS/AES.

Here's the link to it.

http://www.neobitz.com/crossedswords2

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224

r6if524rh5.jpg

That's a link to the purchasing page for Knight's Chance.

Psst... decimal points... that's not where they should go...

Seems like the Jaguar boys have got it all wrong. You don't sell your game for $60-$80 and let the resellers take $300-$500 on eBay a few months later... you're supposed to do that part yourself, clearly.

Q7ytzsz.gif

Edited by sh3-rg
  • Like 4

Psst... decimal points... that's not where they should go...

Seems like the Jaguar boys have got it all wrong. You don't sell your game for $60-$80 and let the resellers take $300-$500 on eBay a few months later... you're supposed to do that part yourself, clearly.

Well, for those that complain about resellers making a mint by flipping the stock, that's one way to put the brakes on it. :D