IGNORED

How has this not been posted yet? Retro VGS

racerx

Seriously? This is what they came up with? The PCB isn't even rendered correctly NOR does it have any traces on there. And an additional $2m in order to 'increase the size of the FPGA'? It'll be fun to see and watch how many suckers consumers are willing to part with their money. Unbelievable.

Edit: Love the comparison matrix. It's like comparing a tricycle to a race car.

-Mux

Edited by Mux
  • Like 1

I love that 37% of the pledge goes into their pocket as stipend (at half their normal rate) ...
for 2M$ -> 750K for 1Y or less -> it's 3 of them 250K$ each -> so today each of them makes now 500K$ per less than a Y ... holy schmoly ... and you can't put your own fuxxing money where your mouth is?

If 37% is the figure for the strectch goal (bigger FPGA) each of them then will pockets 0.5M$ of the pledges .... F U!!!

Side note: does it mean the smaller FPGA (the 49K LE) is not good for old system sim? It is for the Mist at 23.5K LE!!! But their 49K LE disappeared conveniently as the price went up.

EDIT:
they still lie:
S-Video available via optional Sega 32X cable or expansion port

The 32X cable never supported SVideo ... get your fuxxing facts straight.
But hey, they added the expansion port to support that .... AMATUERS.

Edited by phoenixdownita
  • Like 1

I think that's 37% of the remaining 1/3; not of the full thing?

I love that 37% of the pledge goes into their pocket as stipend (at half their normal rate) ...
for 2M$ -> 750K for 1Y or less -> it's 3 of them 250K$ each -> so today each of them makes now 500K$ per less than a Y ... holy schmoly ... and you can't put your own fuxxing money where your mouth is?

If 37% is the figure for the strectch goal (bigger FPGA) each of them then will pockets 0.5M$ of the pledges .... F U!!!

Edited by PlaysWithWolves

The Indiegogo page is so lacking in details I've moved from "looks cool; lets give them a chance" side over to the "snake oil" side. It may well be a rock-solid design but they've given us nothing beyond "hey, look at our credentials; we got this."

I don't even know what it means that they're shipping with FPGA but at twice the goal they'll ship with FPGA that does what they've promised all along it would. And why no explanation for the expansion port other than more video output?

SNA3D is dropped (not even in the negotiation category) ... hope it wasn't our fault.

I noticed that too. Awkward. :?

Edited by PlaysWithWolves
  • Like 1

I really wanted to back this, but on seeing the campaign there's three major things that cause me to decide 'I'm not backing at any level....wait and see'.

1) $300! Holy fuck!

2) It's on Indiegogo as opposed to Kickstarter. That means they get to keep any money that they earn during the campaign, with even less obligation then on KS to do anything with it.

3) I really like Mike Kennedy and the people behind it, but I have doubts they can raise almost $2 million, plus the fact that they need that much money worries me.

I really wanted to back this, but on seeing the campaign there's three major things that cause me to decide 'I'm not backing at any level....wait and see'.

1) $300! Holy fuck!

2) It's on Indiegogo as opposed to Kickstarter. That means they get to keep any money that they earn during the campaign, with even less obligation then on KS to do anything with it.

3) I really like Mike Kennedy and the people behind it, but I have doubts they can raise almost $2 million, plus the fact that they need that much money worries me.

2 is not true, it's fixed funding!

2 is not true, it's fixed funding!

It's true. As opposed to Kickstarter, any money you pledge for something on Indiegogo is collected regardless of the campaign status, so even if it fails the money is given to the person. I've backed things on Indiegogo as well and know this from personal experience. Some people prefer using Indiegogo due to lower fees -- on KS you give 10 percent of your finding right away, split between KS and PayPal. But you also get more exposure on Kickstarter. For all those reasons I think they would have been better going there.

The Indiegogo page is so lacking in details I've moved from "looks cool; lets give them a chance" side over to the "snake oil" side. It may well be a rock-solid design but they've given us nothing beyond "hey, look at our credentials; we got this."

I don't even know what it means that they're shipping with FPGA but at twice the goal they'll ship with FPGA that does what they've promised all along it would. And why no explanation for the expansion port other than more video output?

snake_oil.jpg

• Like 3

phoenixdownita is correct. Go to the campaign page and under the goal amount it says "Fixed Funding". Mouse-over the question mark and it'll explain.

It's doing better than I expected w/o any trace of inside hardware. Over US$30K now in just an hour.

I didn't know there was a option for the people to change it to Fixed Funding. Either that's new or the Indiegogo campaigns I've backed in the past never used that. Either way, I still think it's mistake to have it on there as opposed to Kickstarter.

I mostly hope the publisher is not in the dog house for speaking the truth .... to his credit beer was involved.

I doubt it. He didn't make up anything or speak negatively, he just said they came to me, chose this game and I have no idea how they're going to make it.

Well if it gets build and ships at the end of 2016 and it gets successful it will drop in price (all consoles in the past 15Y followed that path within less than 1Y) so it is not that I miss out either way ;-)

My main interest would be to physically replace all the old 8/16 bits clunkers if possible ... I'm sure there will be other projects attempting something like this in half the time and a quarter of the money if this one gets funded .... ;-) ... and with a different case.

Edited by phoenixdownita