IGNORED

How has this not been posted yet? Retro VGS

racerx

$40 for shipping the console in America. Someone mentioned it's 70 Euros to Europe. Paid in advance.

$40 seems pretty hefty, but it's not my money.

Also just to be fair to Parrothead, et al, I believe I misread what "carry priority shipping" meant when I said shipping was included. I believe he meant that campaign funders will get their consoles shipped before any post-campaign buyers do. The Facebook discussion was about buying consoles after the campaign ends.

Man guys, I dunno. I really want this project to succeed but atm am unable to support it. Also the risk versus reward just isn't there. And yes, I understand the Neo Geo title being $60, and quite frankly worth it, but I wouldn't pay over $30 for the others in their current states. Or $200 for the console (if I had the funds). Currently, I'm exited about the RetroUSB AVS (FPGA 720p NES) and the 7800 XM which look due for arrival soon.

I really want to see the RetroVGS succeed but I'm not contributing a dime currently. Or maybe I'll pledge $10 out of goodwill. Nothing ventured nothing gained. Even if the project does succeed and gets delivered, it may end up as an expensive but relatively useless shelf collectible with a tiny launch library, if it bombs at retail.

Actually, the $10 tier gets you the most for your money. You get a one year subscription to Retro.

All backers will also receive a free 1-Year Digital Subscription ($18 Value - contact us to upgrade your subscription to PRINT) to RETRO Video Game Magazine.

And your full $10 goes to credit towards a Retro VGS should you decide to buy in the future, unlike the $25 tier that only gives you credit for the your amount over $25.

Rate of support is slowing down:

37K in 2.5h -> 135h to goal -> ~6 days

Still good but the drop at almost half speed is not a good sign.

Also the very upper tiers have very sporadic support, can't really blame the backers (or lack thereof) just color and somewhat queue order one year from now.

EDIT:

I like their titles, President and VPs ..... it's 3 of you for crying out loud .... and you missed the CEO!!!!!

Edited by phoenixdownita

37K in 2.5H -> 135H to goal -> ~6 days

Also the very upper tiers have very episodic support, can't really blame them just color and somewhat queue order one year from now.

It's also Saturday, a slow day for this sort of thing (I think). Definitely not a great start, but we'll see, I guess.

<sigh> The adaptors for cartridge/FPGA use were one of my primary interests in this and it seems to be relegated to a near $4M stetch goal only, not a certainty to be part of or available for the final product. Was hoping this would automatically be part of the campaign / final product

It's not really clear that the stretch goal ($3.8M - less than twice the minimum goal!) will help you do what you want it to do.

Really? I think a Saturday would be the best day to launch. What's a better day? Monday?

They've had so much speculation and aimlessness that you can't believe what they say. I think it was at their panel someone asked "are your games going to use saves or long passwords" so of course they responded that the system would save, now their page says the console resets to factory settings when you turn it off. It's trivial, but yet another example of how they like to pander to whomever they can get to believe in them.

They've had so much speculation and aimlessness that you can't believe what they say. I think it was at their panel someone asked "are your games going to use saves or long passwords" so of course they responded that the system would save, now their page says the console resets to factory settings when you turn it off. It's trivial, but yet another example of how they like to pander to whomever they can get to believe in them.

When I turn my N64 off, the games are still saved on the carts. The save status isn't stored on the console.

Anyone ever use this Kicktraq-like site for Indiegogo projects? Currently predicting 82%-funded ($1,604,359) http://crowdcharts.com/campaign/retro-vgs

It's still very early in the campaign, so I'm not sure how accurate it is. Still, even that 82% would be amazing and would indicate a market for something. Like a more-stable campaign and at least pictures of a dev board, perhaps?

37K in 2.5h -> 135h to goal -> ~6 days

When I turn my N64 off, the games are still saved on the carts. The save status isn't stored on the console.

But they're not making the games, only the console and they said it would save. So at the very least, what they said was misleading. They should have said "it depends on the game's developer"

Anyone ever use this Kicktraq-like site for Indiegogo projects? Currently predicting 82%-funded ($1,604,359) http://crowdcharts.com/campaign/retro-vgs

It's still very early in the campaign, so I'm not sure how accurate it is. Still, even that 82% would be amazing and would indicate a market for something. Like a more-stable campaign and at least pictures of a dev board, perhaps?

I was gonna ask about a KickTraq alternative. Is there a version where they display the campaign in it's native currency? In this case USD? Not a good sign as the prediction has already dropped to 71%.

^^^^ what he said ^^^^

Anyway 3h 40K -> 150h to goal.

I believe that for this kind of project initial enthusiasm (first 10h or so) is paramount and as of now not even 10% of their early-bird tier has been claimed, actually people seems almost to like more the "special colors" for 50US$ extra .... what do you know? they should have made them cost more).

Edited by phoenixdownita

I was gonna ask about a KickTraq alternative. Is there a version where they display the campaign in it's native currency? In this case USD? Not a good sign as the prediction has already dropped to 71%.

I think madman is right about it being too early to be very accurate (as I tried to indicate too).

I don't know how to make it USD.

I don't see why the native currency would matter. I assume their algorithm is based on a goal of X units over a specific time period. 2,000,000 is the goal. Doesn't matter if it's dollars, GBP or slices of pizza. The trending shouldn't be affected by the type of currency used.

• Like 1

FB fun:

post-36731-0-43371400-1442690637_thumb.png

Over at NeoGAF also are pouring with love:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=179357035&postcount=1223

And we know now who NoFaceNico there is compared to here [my money is on SD&R, same jokes]

EDIT: no I am not "emb" there [he asked my same question], I have no account on NeoGAF!

Edited by phoenixdownita

FB fun:

attachicon.gifRVGS-funFB.png

Over at NeoGAF also are pouring with love:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=179357035&postcount=1223

And we know now who NoFaceNico there is compared to here [my money is on SD&R, same jokes]

EDIT: no I am not "emb" there [he asked my same question], I have no account on NeoGAF!

WTF is NoFaceNico??

It's going to be very interesting to see how far this pans out, because I don't think they've any chance of getting near $2M...

I didn't know there was a option for the people to change it to Fixed Funding. Either that's new or the Indiegogo campaigns I've backed in the past never used that. Either way, I still think it's mistake to have it on there as opposed to Kickstarter.

It's on Indiegogo, because I believe KS requires you to have a working prototype before launching a campaign in this type of project area...