IGNORED

Coleco Turbo "Prototype" RELEASED !

Bushie2600

I'm still sticking with my "it looked too much like the mockup" point. I think if it had looked a little different, I don't think I would have doubted it at all. The score in a different position, the cars a little different looking. Something to show that it had gone through typical changes from concept to execution. The ROM looked like a cut-and-paste animation of the mockup, rather than a real game.

I know what you mean. It was just that I wanted to clone the mockup as close as possible. That was part of the challenge and my personal fun. I guess always trying to be perfect is part of my German nature. ;)

Next time I will be even more perfidious. Promised! :D

BTW: Has anybody ever doubted any recently "discovered" ROM? :P

Actually, you're right,

Bushie...

Just select Post Reply and at the bottom of the window is add attachement, click it and go to the directory where you BIN is located and select it and viola, instant gratification to one and all :-)

Curt

Thanks.

I have had many offers for this prototype already but I have decided to post the binary because I believe in "try before you buy" so here it is ....

:D

Bushie... you're on the same wavelength as I am, as I find the proto's I just release them for one an all to share, you rock dude! Thanks much for the release... definitely talk with Albert & Alex and let those guys do an AA Store release of the game in high quality boxes with manuals and such, heck I'm willing to start scrounging up White Coleco carts just so that the game can be packaged in authentic Coleco dress! I think this would be cool.

Curt

Bushie... you're on the same wavelength as I am, as I find the proto's I just release them for one an all to share, you rock dude!  Thanks much for the release...  definitely talk with Albert & Alex and let those guys do an AA Store release of the game in high quality boxes with manuals and such, heck I'm willing to start scrounging up White Coleco carts just so that the game can be packaged in authentic Coleco dress!  I think this would be cool.

Uhm, maybe you should have a look at the previous page. ;)

In fact, I think we fooled almost everyone.  :D  

-CPUWIZ

Damn I should've read through the whole thread before my previous message you swine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :x :x :x

Hats off to you fiends for what has got to be the "Hoax with the most" You guys need some kind of award for all the hard work and sneakiness 8)

However, now that you've done the code, clean it up and finish it and release it in cart form as the "Unoffical Coleco Turbo" Cart!!!

:D

Curt

You both did a great job with this joke, guys. I noticed the April Fools message shortly after downloading the ROM, but didn't want to ruin the fun for those who were still finding out. The 4K ROM really didn't work in my Stella emulator, though for whatever reason. Only the 8K version did. I don't know if the 4K was intended to be a smaller working version of the 8K ROM or not.

This goes down as one of the greatest April Fool's jokes yet. :D

So...where's Bushie going next April 1? Chappaqua, NY maybe? I hear there may be an undiscovered prototype or two in the area :ponder:

While I'm amused by all of this, I think it sets a dangerous trend. We're already paranoid about every new prototype that shows up, and little stunts like that just make it worse. Quite frankly I don't see the point in making a fake of a prototype we know exists, it would have been far better if it was something way out there like last years I, Robot hoax. Stuff like this makes me nervous.

Personally I was starting to think something wasn't on the level since the "prototype" got dumped way too fast. Something like that probably would have taken at least a week or two. I guess this means the real Turbo is still out there somewhere.

Tempest

Boy... don't ya just hate people who make up fake games just for an April Fool's joke? ;)

I like the part where it says, "Gee I haven't even hit start yet!" Made me LOL! :D

With regard to this Turbo incident .. You people are sick! :P Sick! :P SICK! :P Video games are about LOVE! :love: The emotions run high! :)

Rob Mitchell, Atlanta, GA

While I'm amused by all of this, I think it sets a dangerous trend.  We're already paranoid about every new prototype that shows up, and little stunts like that just make it worse.  Quite frankly I don't see the point in making a fake of a prototype we know exists, it would have been far better if it was something way out there like last years I, Robot hoax.  Stuff like this makes me nervous.

I was meant to make you nervous. IMO being paranoid is better than being betrayed (although you might feel better as long as you don't know that).

Other guys may not be as stupid as Flexured or as honest as me.

Personally I was starting to think something wasn't on the level since the "prototype" got dumped way too fast. Something like that probably would have taken at least a week or two.

That (the initial Bushie post) was originally planed to be started weeks before, but everbody was very busy due to PC4 and so it got delayed until 03/21.