IGNORED

Coleco Turbo "Prototype" RELEASED !

Bushie2600

One of the things that set Turbo apart from other car games was a changing background. City streets, country roads, Round the big curve, Night time.... Etc.

Enduro did a good job of capturing that same feel, I'm suprised this proto only has the city streets screen...Which also happens to be the only screen shot ever shown.

Weird hu???

Wow!!! I hope this is real!! Of course, if it is, I'll be kicking myself for a long time... I'm right next to Hartford and planned on doing the flea market circuit for the last couple of years but always thought that CT was not a "hot-bed" for prototypes... :(

Live and learn I guess, but we'll see...

Site administrators,

Can we do a traceroute or something with the internet address from which Bushie2600 subscribed to see if it is truly Australian in origin? This ought to either strenghten or weaken Bushie's credibility.

I might be wrong, but I was under the impression that the Aussies spell "color" with a 'u'.

-Zach

I might be wrong, but I was under the impression that the Aussies spell "color" with a 'u'.

-Zach

With a U is probably the more common spelling and it was the preferred spelling WAY back when I was being in school. However I usually spell color the American way and I've never set foot outside of Australia.

Either is acceptable spelling and neither is uncommon, probably due to the huge amount of print media of US origin that makes it way into Australia. The fact that a lot of programming libraries are fond of the US spelling is also a factor for me at least. Plus it's one less letter :)

The best way to test if he's really Australian is to ask him what beer he drinks and who his hero is.. (It should be Fosters and Crocodile Dundee...or the Crocodile Hunter). And how come he doesn't say "G'day"? :? This is looking suspicious... :x

However I usually spell color the American way and I've never set foot outside of Australia.  

Thanks for clarifying that, Cropsy. Great job on the Hangman hack, by the way.

Bushie, if the prototype is authenthic, I apologize for questioning your spelling. :sad: If it is a joke or a hoax, :x.

Any traceroute results so far?

Was Turbo for CV done by Sega, or did Coleco do programming itself?

While googeling I found that Coleco means Conetticut Leather Company. Did they do the programming and/or testing in Conetticut?

Would make sense then, doesn't it?

Well..if he has Emulator screenshots...that would tend to mean we must have a rom image already avail. At least to Bushie..and perhaps to Paul Slocum now as well..

However, I wouldn't be surprised if this is the work of several of our talented homebrewers who know what things to look for and coming up with something we can all believe but turns out to be nothing but a few nice screenshots being output to a TV. The emulator shots mean there has to be a rom...or these are simply the original shots that were being put out to a TV from the paint program used to make em in the first place.

Count me on the fence with a raised brow until something more concrete and non April 1st dateline appearance comes around.

:ponder:

He joined March 21 and most of his posts are related to this game, or how to pull a ROM from a game, or how he wishes he could have been at PC4, but there are others as well that are not.

Isn't it possible that the mods would be in on this if it were a hoax?

I guess we'll all know one way or another soon enough :D

Hey, if even if it's real, our own skepticism would serve as the ultimate April Fools joke :D

But how can the INTV and Coleco Versions look soo good and the VCS has to look so crappy, shame on me for wanting these two consoles (INTV and Coleco)

But hell thats business!

Hey if its true can we mass produce this game though AA??

(box,manual,cart) type of thing??